Caught

Gavin was still startled at Connors approach. He was positive that Connor would've snapped his neck in half if given the chance, heck Connor nearly did back in the evidence room. The rumble in the closet caught the androids attention causing him to let go of Gavin. He stepped back as Connor was still staring him down. Gavin felt the same fear rise up in his stomach and crossed his arms. It was obvious the android could read his stress level, blood pressure, heart rate, etc. But Gavin could care less at the moment.

Connor finally turned away from Gavin and walked towards the closet. He noticed the residents standing in the doorway observing the whole situation, their stress levels were getting higher the closer he got to the closet which meant if the the deviant WAS in the room then he's on the right track.

If these people were helping hide the deviant, then they would be questioned along with the deviant. It should be clear that would be the case.

When Connor finally opened the closet door, Gavin saw over his shoulder and groaned. It was a fucking dog. "Why the fuck do you have a dog in the closet? In a closed room?" Gavin immediately asked. The man opened his mouth to answer but nothing came out of it. Connor knew if he didn't interfere, Gavin would attempt to injure the man. Maybe even the androids who aren't doing anything.

"Detective Reed." Gavin turned and glared at Connor, before backing down. Not before muttering "Fucker."

"Please sir, I can assure you there's nothing up here for you to..."

"Yeah sure there isn't!" Gavin interrupted once more. "The deviant bitch we're looking for climbed through that window" he said pointing at the window. Connor analysed the inside of the window sill and easily confirmed that there were bloody handprints. He nodded his head in agreement to Gavin, but he also caught one of the androids LED flicker red... interesting. "You see, fucker? Now either you tell us where this deviant is, or you and your plastic pets will be questioned back at the station."

The android that's LED was still flickering red, and this time Gavin noticed as well.

"Or just the android." Connor cut in. She started to back away, but Connor took notice and pursued. Then she bolted, check. They found their target.

"Chase her dipshit!" Gavin yelled, already on her tail. Connor followed and easily sped ahead of Gavin and out the door after the deviant. She was surprisingly slow, but wow she was agile. Turning each and every corner swifter than a fox. Jumping out the window to the building next door. Connor was hot on her tail. Gavin was temporarily forgotten by Connor, knowing that Gavin would find them.

Suddenly she turned around and attempted to run past him. Connor was fast enough to grab a hold of her wrist. But she was filled with more surprises than he thought. It was now he realized his situation, he was near the edge of the building and she was now holding him up by his shirt. She was surprisingly strong to hold onto him with only one hand, he thought. Instead of dropping him right away, she removed her disguise of brown hair to red. Yup, this was the deviant they've been after for over a month.

"Never come after me again" she said, letting go of Connor's shirt. He stumbled but was able to grab a hold of the edge. She turned only to face Gavin Reed with a gun, aimed at her. Connor was struggling to climb back up, but he estimated that he would have at least 3 minutes to get up and be able to finally catch this deviant. Only if Gavin didn't shoot and played his cards right...make it 2 minutes.

"Like fucking hell we're letting you go now. 1 month we've been looking for your sorry ass, and were lucky enough to figure it out with what little was left of the crime scene" He said. The VH500 was still. Staring at the gun. Connor was able to lug his torso back onto the building, he just had to be quiet.

"Like you would know. Just because we have rights now doesn't mean we're getting treated any differently."

"Then why the wife and child? What the fuck did they do?" Gavin protested.

"It doesn't matter, they're dead now. And soon, so will you."

She charged at Gavin and he attempted to shoot her. He only got her shoulder when she was about to lunge at him. Gavin moved back and stood his ground, and shot once more but she dodged. She was able to punch him square in the jaw, and he retaliated it with an elbow to her injured shoulder. Before she could get another hit, she was then tackled by Connor. He grabbed her forearm and was able to shut her down before she could fight back.

Finally, this is all they had to do. Connor walked over to Gavin who was rubbing his jaw.

"Thank you for assisting me with the investigation Ga- Detective Reed."

Gavin turned to Connor, and gave an actual genuine smile. Connor felt his lirium heartbeat increase slightly and felt a smile of his own coming up. However Gavin's smile wasn't to last. Gavin walked over to the edge and started going down the stairs. But before he took his first step, he turned back to look at Connor who was still looking at him.

"Gavin is fine, only outside of work."

Connor smiled again at Gavin's retreating form. It wasn't much but it was more progress. Now how was he going to get the deviant back to the DPD? He probably should've asked for Gavin to help him. Then he heard footsteps back up the stairs. Most likely Gavin coming back, and looking up he was correct.

"I saw you weren't following" He said, crossing his arms. Connor gave an awkward smile instead of answering. "I called Miller and Tina, they should be here to take care of her this time. I, however, am going back to my house."

"But you still have reports that have to be done."

Gavin rolled his eyes. "Just tell Fowler I got sick or something. He won't believe it, but there won't be a chance on getting me back" he turned on his heels and went back down the stairs and to his car. Connor stayed put and just watch Gavin leave. He's going to have one fun story to tell Hank.