Eight

"Just in time." Jin remarked as you and Namjoon walked into the hall.

"So how did it go Y/n?" Hoseok asked from his place at the table. You smiled and decided to tease the kings, a risk you were hoping would pay off with some laughter.

"Oh... it's average... I've seen better, to be honest." You remarked dismissively, looking up at Namjoon who raised his eyebrow. You smirked and looked over at Hoseok's face. The older was clearly not expecting that response and so his face was contorted in confusion. Jin was about to speak up and Taehyung also looked confused and almost offended, but you started laughing which made them smile uncomfortably.

"Oh my your faces, your majesties. I was kidding. Seriously, I've never seen anything better than this palace. It's beautiful and way beyond what I could have imagined. Thank you for even allowing me to stay here." You said, trying to hold back more laughter as the seven men looked at you with awkward amusement.

"You better be thankful. We do have a pig pen not far from here if that would be more suited to your liking, my lady." Yoongi said with a dry smirk.

"I think I'm alright, thank you." You awkwardly laughed, knowing that with Yoongi, he probably would send you to sleep there if he wanted.

You let go of Namjoon's arm and went to sit in the chair next to Hoseok, hoping to talk to him more over dinner. As you made your way towards him he looked pleased and stood to pull the chair out for you.

"Oh, uhm thank you, your majesty." You said nodding your head as you took the seat. You fixed your skirts for a moment but when you looked up Jungkook was staring at you.

Frankly, all of the kings were, but you just attested that to them still not being used to seeing you.

"It's my pleasure my lady," Hoseok said, drawing your attention up to his smiling face. You blushed and fiddled with your hands for a second.

"My lady, why didn't you sit by me?" Jungkook asked, flashing you an innocently deceptive look. Your eyes widened and you felt a twinge of worry at his words. Had you offended Jungkook for sitting next to his older brother?

"I mean... sitting across the table allows me to see you better..." You began, trying to come up with a good excuse. Jungkook shrugged like that explanation made sense to him, but he still gave Hoseok a look.

"And Hoseok wasn't the one who called her drunk when she first arrived." Jimin remarked, twirling a fork in his fingers. He looked over at his younger brother with a playful smirk and Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Well, you would have too if you had seen her flopping around in Jin's petunias! Plus I didn't know she was from the book at first." Jungkook replied, exasperation heavy in his voice. He rolled his eyes and leaned on his arm to look across the table at you in a more relaxed position.

"I apologize for offending you when I called you drunk my lady." He droned, fixing you with a smirk. "But you did look pretty funny."

"I'm sure I did. You'd look pretty funny too if you just appeared in my world." You shot back playfully. "You'd look ridiculous in that suit and you'd have no idea what cars are." Taehyung and Jimin laughed, while Namjoon perked up at the sudden mention of a foreign object.

"I've heard of those! They're like... living carriages right? They don't require horses and have a thing that makes them go, but they aren't magic." Namjoon said, happy to educate his little brother and show off his knowledge at the same time.

"Pretty much yeah. They use engines to run and can go pretty fast too. They're the main form of transportation in my world." You replied with a shrug. Namjoon continued to talk about his knowledge about cars with his brothers while you looked down to fix your dress again.