Chapter 9: Surprises

Once we run away from the suspicious sound, we both catch our breath. Once we have our breathing back to normal, I lean on a tree and examine him. He has light brown hair, green eyes that look like the forest. And he's dressed up like he belongs in this forest. He has a simple brown coat with a sling bag and brown hiking boots with a belt with a flask, extra compartments, etc. 

''What was that sound?'' I turn to look at him, waiting for his answer

''Those were...... dogs'' He responds thoughtfully

''Dogs? I thought they weren't as bad.'' 

''No, these ones are different. These are Hell Hounds. They are sent to look for a specific thing.'' He explains

''Oh. I-I thought they didn't exist...'' My brows furrow in confusion

''Well then, you're in a new world Grace.'' He smiles warmly

''Wow. Umm, interesting.'' 

"I never got to get your name..." I look at him waiting for a reply

"Umm well, my name is Jack." He smiles  

The rustling of leaves is all around us. But before we know it we're surrounded three huge looking dogs with hungry looks and red eyes ready to feast. My eyes widen in panic, but Jack has a poker face on. He brings out his little dagger and sprints towards one of them with inhuman speed. The second dog tries to bite his arm, but before I can control myself, I shoot a ball of fire towards the dog's direction. It flinches back as its ear catches fire. The boy looks at me with admiration and eventually manages to get the Hell Hounds out of our way. 

Now we are currently sitting on a rock and watching a waterfall. Then all of a sudden...

"Why do you have powers? Do you have guardian powers?" He turns to look at me, waiting for my answer

"Umm, I'm not so sure. I just remember touching a ball of light. Then I passed out and I just had these powers." I explain

"Oh." He replies thoughtfully

We sit in silence before a crack in the leaves breaks the silence. I turn around to see Lucas panting and trying to catch his breath. My eyes widen and he looks up and his eyes are filled with relief.  I slowly stand up and he sprints at me at full speed. He makes me fall on the ground and I laugh and look up at him. He smiles and hugs me. I hug him back and smile widely. 

He sees Jack and his mood wavers a bit. 

"Umm, who is this guy?" 

"He's Jack, and he's helping me look for you guys. But I guess like I don't need to find you guys anymore." I laugh to myself, they eventually join in

"Nice to meet you Jack. I'm Lucas." He smiles towards Jack

"Aye, nice to meet you too, man." He smiles back 

Then suddenly Justin, Chase and Liam come out of the bushes and Justin and Chase come running towards me. I laugh as I fall to the ground when they tackle me to the ground. We laugh at their childish and I acknowledge Liam and wave at him. He nods his head in my direction and smirks. 

"Who's this guy?" Justin refers to Jack

"He's Jack." Lucas and I say at the same time

"Oh." Liam, Chase and Justin all say simultaneously 

Jack laughs at us and nods his head, smiling. 

"You guys are really entertaining to watch." He smiles again

After talking amongst ourselves, we all decide to go back to the camp before anything else unusual happens. 

"Hey Jack, wanna come back with us?" 

"Umm. Sure?" 

We al walk back and our team captains asked us where we were, and we just told them we got lost on the path. Luckily they believed us and we head to our room. We sit down on the floor and we talk about ourselves with Jack. 

"Alright. As ya'll know, I'm Grace," I smile wickedly "and I'm a really nice person to people that are nice to me. It honestly depends. Anyways, I love food and my family." I smile 

"Okay, I'm Lucas. And I love sports and I like pizza. And my friends really help me become a better person." He finishes it off with a thumbs up

We all go out because we have a campfire and we all sit together infront of the fire. We make s'mores and we all laugh at the silly stories the others told. Then all of a sudden, Logan and Angelica make their grand entrance. We all roll our eyes and scoff. Jack looks at us confused. 

I lean towards him and whisper in his ear, "that's Angelica and Logan. They're both annoying. Angelica is a gross human being and she clings to whatever guy she can get her dirty little hands on. And Logan is the worst person ever. Just never speak about him to me. And always ignore Angelica. It's funny honestly." I finish and I continue making s'mores.

Once we all finish up with the campfire, we head back to our rooms and sleep. 

————————————

I wake up to the smell of fire and ash. I look to the left me and see burning bodies laying around the ground, not moving. I look to the right and see frozen bodies trapped in ice, not melting.  I look down at my hands to see them covered in blood. I look up and I see five bodies that look familiar. I walk closer and see all my friends laying there, dead. My eyes start to tear up when I slowly start to realise that I was the one that did this. 

————————————

"Grace!" I jolt awake and I realise my eyes are wet. I wipe my tears away and look at all of them together

I hug them all and they eventually hug back. I sob into their shirts and hold onto them like I might lose them. 

"I thought I lost you guys." 

"Looks like you had a nightmare." Lucas says looking at me with pity 

"Yeah. I guess. I don't wanna have them anymore." I look down at my feet, thoughtfully

"Yeah." They all say 

Later that day.....

We walk to the cafeteria and sit down and chat peacefully. Then all of a sudden I hear a voice call my name.

"Grace! Get over here!" I look over and see.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyy, I know. Slow updates. I'm trying to update faster. I guess I'm caught up in other things. Oh well, anyways hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

Let's see what will happen in the next chapter!  

🍣🍣🍙🍙🍣🍣🍙🍙🍣🍣

P.S.- Oh, and sorry if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes. I'm sorry if it bothers you. 

❤️❤️❤️