Chapter 5

I turned around at the familiar tone, I wasn't expecting it though

I turned around at the familiar tone, I wasn't expecting it though. "Taehyun?"

"Long time no see" he smiled with arms spread wide.

I hugged him. He was unrecognizable with the growing beard. "How's she? She's okay right? Why are you here? Is everything okay?" I should have stopped and exhaled but I couldn't.

"Woah! No it's nice to see you , how have you been? " he chuckled totally at ease. Unfortunately I wasn't. I was getting worried about her. Why is he here? He was supposed to be with her at all costs. "At least let's get inside shall we?" He was right. We were still on the porch.

I followed him inside. But I couldn't hold back. I was impatient. "Taehyun-"

"She's upstairs" he cut me short.

With that I sprinted off to the staircase taking two three steps at a time to get to my room. I rammed in without even knocking first. Impatience once again getting the best of me.

There she was leaning on to the window frame, looking out to the distant scenery spreading out to the Seoul skyline. The scene I was so used to, which always made me exhausted even to look at. But with her blocking the view I have no complaints. She was slightly startled with my sudden barge in.

"Hey!" I talked first.

"Sehunaah" her voice almost musical in my ears. So many calls me that, but the feelings starting to stir inside of me when it comes out of her lips were irreplaceable.

I almost took a step toward her, almost. But I stopped. I know why she's here. I know she's worried. She might have seen the interview. She might have finally seen through the pretenses which I successfully managed to keep up for almost a year without her. She saw me breakdown. She knew I needed her, more than anything. That's why she's here. I couldn't make the same mistake. I couldn't go down that road again. I couldn't let her go down that road again. She deserves better.

"Are you okay?" She asked, concerned.

"Yeah" I lied casually "It was nothing, the interview I mean. I had to get away somehow. It didn't mean anything"

"I just wanted to know if you're okay. I don't care about the interview Sehunaah" her eyes were already welling up with tears.

I needed to keep her talking. After all it has been so long since I get to see her, to have her here with me. I don't know how long I have before I had to bid goodbyes again "How are you?"

"I'm okay" she's bad at lying. I only hope I didn't sound that bad when I lie.

I suddenly remembered I have an apology due "I'm sorry"

"For?" Her eyes were narrowed.

I started out "For not being there when you were attacked, for not being there when you wake up at the hospital, for not being there through your recovery, for not showing up again" I sighed "but most importantly coming in to your life in the first place and making it miserable"