CHAPTER ONE

MY SOLEVAN DEAL

COPYRIGHT 2014 © JOESLINE

CHAPTER ONE

Jayden Solevan was a successful entrepreneur before marriage. He built his empire from scratch and this brought to the media's attention. This went the wrong way when the paparazzi got hold of pictures of him getting cozy with Anna Swire, a prostitute from a famous brothel in town. The news hit Jayden's business negatively as it went down on a steep slope.

Their PR manager, Fall Kith decided on recruiting a positive image to cover this negative news. That was then they found me in my school campus. I was at that time graduating from my bachelor degree' in two weeks' time. Being an active member of 'Humanity Saviors' foundation that helped to build water systems in various under developed countries in the world seemed to have interested Fall. I came from a middle income family. Mom was a full time house maker and Dad was a project manager of a designer company. I had a brother whom just finished serving his army and was continuing his education in Master.

Overall, we had a peaceful and quiet life until Jayden came into the picture.

"This is the deal" Fall took out a proposal as she gave each of us a copy to review the terms and conditions. "Your daughter will marry Mr. Solevan six months later after the first public appearance of acknowledging that she's his girlfriend. We will transfer fifty grand into your account for the public appearance and another one million after she's married to him."

Father stood up angrily, "I am not using my daughter's happiness in exchange for wealth"

The discussion continued into a long and heat up arguments between Fall and my parents.

Then everything suddenly went into silence after Fall placed a hard core of reality, "Annie, we do understand your family's financial situation. With your father's sole income, it's going to be difficult to support your brother upcoming education fees and the loan repayment for your bachelor. Why don't you take our offer, help us and your family as well?"

"I can't just marry someone that I don't know" I replied, "At least he should have the courtesy to meet me personally if the deal is important to him"

Fall sat back, in deep thoughts on my words before she responded. "I will let Mr. Solevan know about it before coming back to you again"

Then, Fall walked out of the house as she left us alone. Dad decided to continue the discussion, "We don't require the money desperately. It's not like I can't support the family financially"

"Dad, grandma's hospital bills are on the way" I let out a sigh as I reminded him. Our grandmother had just got admitted to the Intensive Care Unit last Friday.

Then he sat back, unable to take his strong stand on saying 'No' to the deal.

I gulped, unable to react to the situation as well. I heard about Jayden Solevan on the news. And I had to admit he was an attractive man with charisma, let alone the money that came with the package. But to imagine marrying a man without feelings just seemed too much like a business. I always wanted a love marriage and my parents were supportive about it. I had been carefully choosing my boyfriends and so far, I had good memories to think about in the future.

But a relationship and a marriage with Jayden Solevan is not something that I was looking for.

--

"Are you Annie Swift?" A voice awakened me from my day-dreaming while I fidgeted myself to look up. Then, I watched warily at the person whom stood in front – Jayden Solevan.

He chuckled in his husky voice. I swore I almost fall heels over him by just listening to him talking. He wore a smart white shirt and a pair of casual denims but still separated himself from others like a dazzling spotlight.

I nodded as I tried my utmost effort not to look into his mesmerising emerald eyes.

"My name's Jayden Solevan"