CHAPTER FOUR

MY SOLEVAN DEAL

COPYRIGHT 2014 © JOESLINE

CHAPTER FOUR

"So you and that Mr. Solevan were real" Mervin rang me up after I had returned home.

I stared at the agreement lying on my laps, replaying the terms on the compensation portion.

"I just wanted to tell you that I had called off the wedding"

I let out a sigh as a tear slide down from the edge of my eyes. "I...hope you can find a better one next time..." My hand took a piece of the tissue and started wiping off the tear stains on my face.

The compensation was fifty millions if I forfeited the agreement that I had accepted to become Jayden's girlfriend and his soon-to-be wife. 

"Mervin, I had nothing to say about this." I breathed in deeply, shivered in terror. "Let's just leave it as it was between us"

--

The next few months went on with even more appearances as Fall arranged the necessary together-ness for the press to be more convinced of me and Jayden were really an item.

"Be happy about it" Jayden turned to me as he checked on the white gown that I was trying out, "It's the only option that you had so you might as well learnt to accept it"

I folded my arms, staring at him while I persisted not to make any conversations other than what was requested by Fall.

Jayden looked up at me again, shaking his head at my protest on the agreement that I had signed off, "Just to remind you that in another two weeks you are going to be my wife."

And as he had said and how the agreement was made, I was standing in the mirror with the white gown that I was supposed to wear for our wedding. For the first time, I was wearing a wedding dress and getting married. For the first time, my marriage was going down to a business-like agreement that my husband and I were none other like business partners.

After ten years in the marriage, I managed to accumulate the fund that I needed. As soon I was ready, I headed to the law firm that I had scouted to represent me.

"I need a divorce" I sat down comfortably with the documents on hand – the agreement that I had originally signed with Jayden Solevan before we got married.

The lawyer was surprised, as expected. He was also convinced about the heavily advertised 'true love'. "Madam, it is stated that if you forfeit and take the divorce option, the compensation would be fifty millions."

 I nodded at his exclaim, "I will compensate him on that. Help me arrange for the divorce as soon as possible"

--

 "You are asking for a divorce?" Jayden raised his eyebrow as he stared at me with disapproval.

I did not respond to his question. Instead, I continued in pretending that I was obsessed with my reading material.

"Why are you doing this?" Jayden walked towards as he grabbed me up from my seat.

"I had enough of this, Jay" My eyes stared back at him, "You and your endless drama with Anna just keep getting backfired that I had to constantly covering it up for you"

I let out a sigh, biting my lips at the enormous deal of tolerance which I was put through for the whole marriage, "This... whole package of being your Anna's puppet and maintaining the good-wife image is making me crazy"

Then a tear slide down from the edge of my eyes while I gulped, "Do you... ever loved me for just even a bit?"

Emotions were overwhelming. I sat back in utmost disappointment on the leather sofa in our big spacious Italian designed living room which we resided in the most expensive apartment in town. Once bitten, twice shy. The disappointment just kept piling up from Mervin's to Jayden's.

"Annie, I'm sorry" He looked down, feeling apologetic.

I didn't know what he was apologising for but clearly, it seemed like he had no idea that I had developed feelings for him. All I wanted was the marriage made possible for us as a real deal than just what the agreement was all about.

But Jayden doesn't know. He clubbed like nobody business and he went on private dates several times with Anna Swire. Fall had to arrange me to replay the whole scene again with him and sent those photos with my face clearly seen. So that the press could verify that the back view of Anna Swire was me instead.

And I thought; those days had to come to an end. I can't stand myself living with all the dollars piling up on top of those lies.

"Whether you like it or not," I frowned at my pathetic situation while I handed him the letter for him to sign off in agreeing to our divorce. "I need to separate myself from this"

"Fine" He took out a pen and signed off the letter without any hesitation. My heart shattered at the sight of the signature. Jayden agreed to divorce with me. In the end, Anna still won over his heart than I do.