CHAPTER FIVE (THE END)

MY SOLEVAN DEAL

COPYRIGHT 2014 © JOESLINE

CHAPTER FIVE 

"We've heard that the both of you are getting a divorce" The reporters mentioned about the rumor. We decided to arrange for this interview to clear out all the news and rumors that was going around after several had spotted us going to law firms and selling off properties.

"Yes" Jayden replied.

"What had happened?" A reporter continued to inquire.

I turned towards him, "Things just... fall apart"

"Was it really you in those pictures that we saw on the tabloids or it was someone else?"

I gulped down my saliva, eyes unable to look at the reporters. "It's me"

"Can you tell us what the reason behind that caused the split is?"

I breathed in deeply, as I held Jayden's. "I love this guy with all my life. It was easy to marry him but it was hard to end and go on separate ways." My eyes gazed at Jayden deeply. "I hope that you will be all well, safe and sound even when I am not around. And... thank you for the chance of being your wife."

Jayden frowned at my confession before he realised what he had been missing out.

"Thank you everyone for coming to this interview. I know many of you are disappointed on how this had ended for us. So please hold on tight to the person that you love and never take for granted of them when they're still around. Because you will never know when they will be gone."

The interview ended. After a few round of going court to process the paper work, my marriage with Jayden ended after ten years and three months. I folded my arms, looking at the wedding picture that I had decided to hang on my bedroom wall. Mom walked into the room as she noticed the picture, "You had fall in love with him"

I nodded, "But he didn't know"

Mom patted on my shoulder, giving me some comfort.

"Life still have to go on" I said, trying to encourage myself to move on.

"You have me and your dad. We will always support you in whatever you do" Mom smiled.

I hugged my mom, "Thanks Mom"

--

The work station was exclusively white in design. It was the first day of my work. I smiled at the arrangement as white was my favourite colour. After trying for quite some time, I finally managed to get through an interview with this sport brand company. It was an Accountant job role that I had studied my bachelor for. During the job search, I faced many difficulties as as many employers were reluctant to hire me since I had been a public spoke person for Jayden Solevan's brand labels.

"I hope you love it here" The friendly secretary stood at the side while she provided me the necessary documents like work pass and desk keys for my safekeeping.

I nodded "it's lovely"

"Good." She acknowledged my comment before walking off.

The whole morning was oriented by the Senior Accountant. She explained in details on the work systems and processes that the department followed. She listed out all the responsibility for my job role while I noted it down attentively. I was very focused as I was afraid that I had missed out any small details.

"You are doing well" She smiled as she looked up to the clock hanging on the wall. It was already lunch time. "Let's have our lunch break before we come back to the Balance Sheet Schedule portion"

We headed out to the lobby as we waited for some of our colleagues whom haven't come out. Then a poster came past at the entrance where I spotted the words – I'm Sorry, Mrs. Solevan

Eyes turned around, searching for clues as I realised the people that were smiling at me. I blinked in confusion with disbelief of this 'surprise' arrangement. Then suddenly, Jayden walked into the lobby with a bouquet of my favourite flowers, white roses. I gasped in shock as I covered my mouth at his sudden appearance.

He smiled at me while he knelt down on one knee, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Solevan"

I blushed in embarrassment as I couldn't suppress myself from smiling.

"Will you give us another chance?" He took out an agreement.

 I frowned at the agreement as my heart grew in fear of the nightmares that I had. Taking over the agreement, I read it carefully before tears became overwhelming. 

The Marriage Agreement

Between

Mr. Jayden Solevan and Ms Annie Swift.

Terms required: Mr Jayden Solevan to love Ms. Annie Swift for a lifetime

He held me tightly as tears couldn't stop flowing, "I love you, Annie and... there is one more thing that you should know-" 

I looked up in confusion at his statement.

 "Currently, your boss is me"  

Jayden smiled before closing up the deal with a kiss, "I hired you as the company's Accountant so you are going nowhere from my sight again"

.

.

THE END