CHAPTER THREE

MY SOLEVAN DEAL

COPYRIGHT 2014 © JOESLINE

CHAPTER THREE

Then I regretted terribly at my own words. Eyes stared blankly at the ridiculous amount of people in front of me. I stood awkwardly in a black expensive gown to the event that Fall had prepared.

"Are you the rumored Ms. Anna Swire that we all knew?" A reporter suddenly shoved the microphone to me.

I froze at the sudden intrusion while my eyes turned towards Jayden. Jayden was calm and composed in front of the media. He held me tightly around my waist and took over the microphone, "Ms. Swift is a graduate from Whites University and she is an active member of the Humanity Saviors."

"What are your plans together in future, Mr. Solevan?" Another reporter raised a question to us.

I still stood dumbfounded at the string of questions that came at us.

"That will depend on my wife-to-be" Jayden turned to me and smiled. I felt my cheeks blushed in embarrassment at his claim.

The appearance turned successful as it was expected. Many magazines put our news as the headline cover. They were reconfirming that the woman in the photos spotted getting cosy with Jayden was me. Since our names and looks were quite similar, there were no doubt about it. Knowing that the wedding seemed to be round the corners, the press was convinced that Jayden was falling in love with me.

Still, the first appearance had re-alarmed me on what I was bringing myself into. I always lived a private life but it was disrupted after I was all over the headlines. This had caused many reporters stalking nearby my house for more juicy news.

"This is ridiculous!" Dad threw the magazine on the table. It was another nasty headlines of the week - Future Father-in-law benefiting from the inheritance that his daughter will gain after getting married to Jayden Solevan.

Mom took over the magazine, frowned in disgust at how the press was describing our family – the gold diggers.

Suddenly, an unexpected call came in between the mess that I was already involved, "Mervin?"

"Annie, I... read the news"

I let out a sigh, embarrassed at myself although Mervin had done the same amount of damage by deciding to marry Pamela Wales.

He continued on his intention of the call. "We... need to talk"

I was surprised at his hard-to-come-by initiative. Although there were nothing much for us to talk about after he decided to marry the bitch in our school. That bitch had went to the extreme to break us apart several times. And Mervin even promised me. He said that nothing would separate us no matter how hard she try. But eventually, we still went on separate ways and him marrying her.

"I really hope you can give me a chance" Mervin pleaded.

I walked towards the window, spotted a few reporters that were hiding behind bushes and cars with their professional cameras. The stress to get caught and ruined Jayden's plan was contradicting with the urge to meet Mervin. 

 "Okay, tomorrow three at the mart" I hung up the phone as I decided to go ahead with my own plans.

I needed to listen to what he have to say.

--

Big sunglasses on, a black adidas sports cap and my hazelnut long hair tied and hid under the cap. I had all the items required. The ideas came from the research that I looked up from several celebrities' outfit when they wore to disguise themselves.  

"Are you sure?" My brother raised his eyebrow at my outfit. "You looked very obvious that you are disguising yourself from the press"

"Then what can I do to get out without getting noticed..!?" I took off the sunglasses while I looked up at the clock on the wall. Time was running out. It was already half past two and Mervin is going to reach the mart anytime soon.

My brother turned around as he scanned for some alternatives before he spotted the blond hair wig. It was the wig that I bought for my last year school Dinner and Dance. "Wear this and I will walk you out like my girlfriend. Then, the reporters will think that you are the girlfriend of Annie's brother"

My lip rose at the ends, "Thank you Bro! You're the best!"

Then the journey to the mart became real smooth. The reporters took only a few photos. They had assumed for that as a sidetrack tabloid since they couldn't catch the real 'me' in sight.

As soon as I reached the mart, I walked straight to the cashier to catch Tina whom was doing her shift. Then suddenly, a man grabbed me on my arm. Without any hesitation, I turned towards him but froze, knowing it was Jayden instead.

I widened my eyes in shock at the man, "Why..."

"Why am I here?" He completed my sentence as he frowned at me in displease. "I thought we had a deal."

I shook my head in confusion at his statement.

"And instead, you decided to meet your ex-boyfriend"

I bit my lips, diverting my attention away from him.

"Ms. Swift, we had a deal and you should abide on the rules that came with the package"

"I know..." I turned around to the surrounding in hoping to find Mervin but he was nowhere in sight.

Jayden breathed in deeply as he continued, "you don't need to search for him. I had arranged Fall to call him not to come if he doesn't want any trouble with me"

My eyes stared at him furiously, "I only agreed being your girlfriend. I still have my rights to meet anyone that I want to"

Jayden smirked as he came close, whispering into my ears. "It's not that simple as it seems being with me, Fiancée."

Then he continued, "Read your agreement again before you do anything silly" And Jayden left the mart with me staring blankly.