TWELVE

"I can't believe Aaliyah cheated on you," Safiya fumed. "Just wait till I get hold of that bitch. Why the hell would she do that knowing all the shit our family supplied her with. She just another broken down Memphis bitch from the hood."

"Watch your mouth," Bahari's mother warned. "Maybe she's lying. I know her well now and I know she scared to even look another guy's way. She's even still nervous around you, Bahari."

Bahari only shrugged lazily while slouching down on the couch. Knowing the viral video of Jay Murda confessing to rape multiple underage girls, had him heated.

As much as he didn't want to care, he couldn't stop thinking about Aaliyah. Seconds later he got a phone call the Shelby County jail...

"Bahari," she managed to cry out. "I'm sorry! I lied this morning out of spite!"

"Why are you in jail?" Bahari asked quickly putting on his bubble coat. "Where is my son?"

"My auntie called the cops on me, saying I had something to do with getting Shari raped by Jay Murda. My mom has Braylin," she cried. "They took me in for questioning, asking all types of question. About you and your god brother."

"What you say, ma?" He sighed hopping in his car.

"I told them the honest truth. I left the party to go get my son. It was raining bad so I crashed at my baby father's house. I answered the questions they gave me and that was it, nothing more. They tried threatening me as much as they could about me losing you but they had nothing on you. If they did, I would've just took the blame."

Hearing her say that, made him feel warm inside but then again someone was playing with her life and his also.

"Please pick me up. They put me in handcuffs before I could walk inside my house. I had nothing to do with this!" Aaliyah fumed.

"I'm on my way," he said.

•••

Aaliyah waited outside with her arms crossed. She had on a light pink puffer jacket in the freezing cold.

Moments later, she seen Bahari's Range Rover pull up. She quickly walked to the truck and got in. She hugged him for dear life before people started honking their horn.

"I never thought I would have to experience that," she said turning his music all the way down; it was way too loud for her liking.

"Nawl, you auntie foul for that shit. If Ian even have respect for you and Leon's child, I would do some real damage," he vented. "It's best for me not to even go over there."

"My mom said she got into a big fight with her when they took me. She's not there," Aaliyah told him.

He nodded and went in the direction to get her home. After getting something to eat, he arrived at her house.

"Ian coming in," he said shaking his head. "Just bring some clothes and my son. You not staying over here—fuck no ion care who say some'."

She sighed while getting out the car. When she knocked on the door her mother answered it and quickly brought her into a tight hug.

"What happened?!" She exclaimed. "Who the fuck is Jason Murderer?!"

"Jay Murda.....Ma, that whole situation ain't got nun' to do with me. That's trifling that Ivory would pin something so serious on me when she knows I'm going to college in fall," she explained. "The fact that I told her—I told her to call Tamara and tell her the truth. Just wait till I see her!"

There's A Thug In My LifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara