SIXTEEN

"I can't see my girl?!" Bahari fumed while pointing in the emergency room.

"I'm sorry sir, but no. We are proceeding an emergency surgery," the doctor said blocking him.

He grunted and started to pace the hospital floor. Leon tried comforting him but he pushed him off.

"She's gonna be fine bro. It was glock .45," Leon said. "Stop stressing."

Bahari looked at him confusingly. "How the fuck do YOU know?"

"....the doctor told me," he said the swallowing the lump in his throat. "Maybe if you wasn't so hype you would've heard."

"Awl...well how else am I supposed to react," he said throwing his hands up. "My fucking baby got four bullets in ha, a broken nose, and a ha teeth shifted."

"I know bro," he nodded. "You told her moms yet?"

"Not yet," he mumbled. "I told her sister and my cousin. They on the way."

"Shit crazy," he said twisting his cap to the side. "Who you think did it?"

"I honestly think it was a set up and soon as I know she okay imma kill that bitch fa putting ha in this mess."

"Yea for the best," he said looking off.

Bahari cut his eyes at his best friend. "The fuck wrong with you?"

"What?" He frowned. "Ian did shit...you tweaking bruh. Now you thinking I had something to do with my lil sister getting shot at?"

"Did I say that?" He quizzed. "Nigga if you know some shit tell me. I know you and you ain't acting normal that's all I'm saying."

"I'm just shaken up about ha getting shot bruh," he said. "Shit don't even sound right when I say it."

"Yeah, it don't at all but imma find whoever did this shit," he said looking Leon in his eyes. "They death gone be slow and gory."

•••

"That was a fuckin female you hit!"Cassio stressed.

"Yeah has to hit ha with that glock," he laughed while twirling his gun.

"Nigga you spooked," he said shaking his head. "You know that's Bahari baby momma?"

"Yeah I know," he shrugged. "The fuck that gotta do with me. Aye, nigga you called me to air that bitch out anyway! Don't forget!"

"Yea to protect me not to kill nobody. Nine times outta ten the nigga wasn't gone do shit," he said. "Now this nigga Bahari gone kill both of us cuz yo young ass don't think. You fifteen bruh, I'm eighteen, we done for."

"Stop being a bitch," he said waving him off. "I made sure that ho wasn't gonna say nothing."

"You fucked me up with this, Huncho," he mumbled while rubbing his temples. "If Dash find out I had some to do with getting his home girl shot, I might as well be dead to him."

"You and this moping ain't gone cut it," he said. "Bye dude. Bout to pay somebody a visit."

•••

Andrea was doing well and was back on her feet when she received the news she was in a dark state of mind. She was shattered and just wanted her to be okay. But she refuse to see her know Aaliyah was messed up.