TWENTY

"You need to just stay here with me, you know?" Andrea said packing her things in boxes. "The hell are you going all the Haiti for?"

"Bahari's family is from there and I don't like Memphis at all," she said taping the boxes up. "Mom, why are you acting so jumpy for. Like we moving for good."

"I mean...something might bad happen," she hesitated. "It's too hot and you don't like being outside."

"Ma," She laughed in confusion. "What is up?"

"You know I get lonely when you go away," she said in soft tone. "Then you're staying out of the country with my grandson as well."

She scooted over and gave her a side hug with a kiss on the cheek. "We can talk everyday. Matter of fact, come down there with us for five days."

"I will do so," she smirked.

•••
Pétionville, Haiti

"Ugh, this is gorgeous," Aaliyah said in awe while doing a 360, admiring their rental for every time they go there

"Ugh, this is gorgeous," Aaliyah said in awe while doing a 360, admiring their rental for every time they go there. "I see there's not a lot to decorate."

"I don't think you wanna decorate at all," he chuckled. "You haven't met my grandma nor great grandma yet and they ain't the nicest. They did their own decorating before we got here."

"Oh," she said in slight shock. "Well it's perfect then. When am I going to meet them?"

"They're coming right now," he said. He really didn't want them being mean towards her, because he knew Aaliyah and how she would retaliate.

The two elderly women walked inside the house staring at Andrea and Aaliyah like they weren't human.

"Who is this you bring in your house?!" Bahari's Grandmother said in Haitian Creole harshly as she circled around them.

"This is Aaliyah, my girlfriend, and her mother," he spoke back in their language. Aaliyah look at him in shock but smirked at how sexy he had sound.

His grandmother scoffed and began to say rude things. Aaliyah figured they were but they couldn't make Bahari leave Aaliyah so she wasn't worried.

"Aaliyah, is that so?" Her grandmother spoke to her with sternness. "I'm Esther. Bahari's grandmother and this is my mother Fabiola."

"Hello," Aaliyah smiled genuinely. Esther wore a long beautiful dress and her head was wrapped in a satin scarf. Fabiola smiled but dropped it quickly. She was really old and little.

"Where's your rings?" Esther asked looking at her lonely fingers. Bahari haven't even gave her a promise ring yet.

"We're not married," Bahari said. "We're not quite ready for all that."