4. Shall We Find Out What This Is All About Then

Jason's point of view:

"Bye," she called, turning on her heel and proceeding to saunter down the hall, her long black hair bobbing against her back.

I sighed with contentment as she turned the corner, waving goodbye and flashing me one of her pretty smiles. I don't have a crush on her, having a crush on my gorgeous best friend would be weird, right? I don't know what you're talking about. OK, Alright, maybe a little crush. But that isn't important - it's not like she'd ever like me back; what is important is that if a don't get moving soon I'm going to be late to maths.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat at the back of the classroom in my last lesson before lunch: History. I barely payed attention to what the teacher was saying - probably something about the Brexit deal that happened about 70 years ago - as I stared at the clock, counting down the seconds before I could see Brooklyn again.

Ding, Ding, Ding!

Finally! I shoved my books into my bag, slung my bag over one shoulder and then proceeded to dart out of the room and down the stairs. Within a minute I had managed to get to the dreary dining hall and enter the back of the cramped queue full of year 11s that seem to have a certain love of pushing people; we're all going to get our food at some point or another guys, no need to push! I grabbed a tray and ordered my lunch: a dodgy looking chicken burger and a strawberry lemonade.

After I had collected my food and paid I headed over to the stage steps where Brooklyn was sitting; she hadn't noticed me as she was too engrossed in her book: Little Dorrit. I swear she's read that a hundred times. I sat down next to her and spent the next minute and a half staring at her while I waited for her to notice me.

When she did it was the funniest thing ever. She happened to glance up for a second and when she did my face was about a foot away from her's and her expression said it all. She lept about 3 feet in the air from a sitting position and let out a high pitched shriek. The kids around us gave us some weird looks then went back to whatever they were doing.

Brooklyn seemed pretty flustered about the whole ordeal and attempted to cover it up but I could see through her façades, I've known her too long. I, however, thought that it was hilarious and was sitting on the floor laughing my heart out except no noise was coming out so I sat there clapping like a retarded seal. Brooklyn sat down opposite me and rolled her baby blue eyes. She was trying to cover up her previous embarrassment with frustration but I could see the playful smirk tugging at her lips and the way her fringe hung loosely in front of her left eye was just adorable in my opinion.

Once I had calmed down Brooklyn reached into her backpack and retrieved the leaflet from earlier.

"Shall we find out what this is all about then?" Brooklyn inquired.

"I don't see why not."

Brooklyn tucked her obsidian black fringe behind her ear and lay down on the floor, her legs crossed and raised slightly. I laid down next to her and started studying the leaflet:

On Friday the 15th of April a tournament will be held for all children all over the world aged 13-17. You will be separated into groups based on the town you live in and you will only be allowed to play in your town. You can be either by yourself or in teams of up to 10 people. There can be 100 winners from each town so train hard. There will be a special prize for all of the winners. You must enter before the 10th of October and more information will be given about a week after entry closes. Good Luck!

We were silent for about a minute, thinking the information over in our heads. I fiddled with the collar of my shirt whilst Brooklyn picked at the corner of the leaflet with her purple-painted nails, both of us waiting for the other to speak. Brooklyn was the first to speak up.

"So... what do you think?"

"I'm not sure. We haven't really been given much information. Do you think we should enter?" I asked.

"No."

"Why not?"

"1. We have no idea what it entails and 2. the prize could be shit."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you remember that time at the end of year 9 when our school won the national rugby tournament?"

"Yeah," I replied not really sure where this conversation was going.

"And everyone was given plastic gold medals for winning. The prize will probably be something like that."

"Yeah you're probably right," I turned my wrist to check the time on my watch: 1:28, "We should probably head off. I believe we both have maths next."

She groaned in disgust. Despite this I still stood up and offered her my hand. She took it gratefully and I hauled her to her feet. Then, hand in hand, we quickly walked to Maths.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hello guys! Here's another chapter. I'm now on Christmas break for the next couple of weeks so there should be a few updates coming your way, no promises though! Anyways, please vote for each picture, I really appreciate it. Byeeeee!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cause I'm with you 'til the end of the line," Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes