~Newt~ The Box

~Newt X Female Reader~

I open my eyes as I gasp for air my lungs burning feeling as if I had been holding my breath. I can see a flashing red light and feel my surroundings move I begin to panic slightly, what do I do? I started trying to move around find some way out or a way to stop the constant motion. I try to stand and immediately feel nauseas of the moving surroundings. I see many boxes around me, but I couldn't make out any words. I close my eyes and try to keep myself from vomitting when the box stops abruptly. 

I sigh a sigh of relief, but it wasn't long till my state of relaxation was interrupted. A bright light begins to pour into the box I sheild my eyes. When whoever's on the outside opens the gate like door that kept me confined. I stand ready to be free out of this devil box, but I was to short to get out on my own. I noticed while I stood that only boys surrounded me a tall slim boy with shocked brown eyes jumped into the box and turned back to comfirm the group of boys suspicion "It's a girl," he says to them I feel odd as all of them seem shocked as well. Are there no other girls in this place? I worried.

"Hi, love I'm Newt do you remember your name?" he asked gently  with a thick british accent as if I was a deer that if he spoke to loud he'd frighten me. My initial thought was of course I know what my name is, but when I thought about it a panic shot through me. "I-I can't remember," I told him and for the first time since I woke up I was truly terrified I searched my memory for anything but nothing was there, how was it possible that I didn't have any memories? "That's alright greenie it means you're just like the rest of us," Newt told me giving a reassuring smile I gave a weak one of my own, Newt then helped me out of the box and the group of boys began to surround me some whistling and making me feel uncomfortable. "Stop it you Shanks, meeting now!" Newt shouted I felt nervous "just follow me love," Newt said sensing my uneasiness in my new surroundings.

 We entered a building that had room for all the boys and I, I followed Newt as he approached a guy who's entire vibe screamed leader. "Alby I think we need to add a new rule," Newt insisted as he apporach the man I'm supposing is Alby "Why?" Alby asked not noticing me Newt immediatly gestured to me and Alby's eyes filled with shock. "A girl, well this is new in the year and a half I've been here we've never had a girl," Alby told Newt as he rubbed the back of his head "I know and all the gladers are being intrusive and already making her feel uncomforatable," he said all the guys surrounding us watched bored ready to hear whatever and get back to regular life other drooled while staring at me making me feel uneasy. "I see," Alby said "I'll handle it," he told Newt and I. He then turned to the group of boys around us "Alright gladers I know that the new greenie's a girl and all but that dosen't make her any different from the rest of us! Newt and I have decided for her protection she is not to be sexualised unless you have premission from her. If she comes to us with complaints first offense the pit with no food second offense a week in the pit thirrd offense you're out," he told them plainly.

 I felt eyes on me not the kind that were glaring or gawking, but that were watching over me protecting me. I looked and saw Newt watching me "now fan out," Alby said to them they all then left the building "Newt give greenie here the tour I got work to do," Alby then left Newt and I alone in the building. I give him a kind smile "let's get started then," he said gleaming.

~one year later~

It's been one year since I've been in the glade and I am still the only girl, but ever since Newt and Alby made the rule I've had nearly no problems. Newt and I are best friend and I'm starting to wonder if we could be more. "Newt!" I shout from the medjack house where I stayed he waved to me and I signaled him over, he laughed and jogged over his limp barly slowing him down. "What is it Love?" he asked me kindly "enter my lair," I tell him dramaticlly entering the building Clint and Jeff were out so it was just Newt and I. I go over to a corner wher I keep some of my stuff "look at this," I show him a book Alby had given me as a year anniversery of being in this prison. I had a quote circled 'risks are what make me feel alive'  he read it allowed "what is this suppose to mean," he asked confused. 

Before he could say anything else I smashed my lips into his. I felt nerves began to rise up but they fled as soon as I felt Newt melt into the kiss. I pulled back looking into Newt's eyes "Newt ever since I got to the glade you were someone I could always count on and you're my best friend, and I can honestly say I have fallen madly in love with you," Newt smiled and blushed "(Y/n) I never thought you'd say it, I love you too," he then smashed his lips back onto mine. It was like magic.