Ten || Summer Shenanigans

Maverick woke up rather early, his first morning in Karuizawa. He went downstairs and into the kitchen. Haruhi tried to tell him that he was a guest, and that she could make his breakfast, but he replied by saying he wanted to cook, and that cooking helped him to wake up, so she let him be. After making his breakfast, Maverick made his way to the little café that Misuzu had as he ate. Haruhi said that she would be out with the coffee once it was ready. One by one, the other hosts showed up, and surprisingly to Maverick, the twins were the last to show up.
"I can't believe you did it again, Hikaru." Kaoru complained as they walked down the stairs.
"I said I was sorry! I didn't mean to kick you out of bed, again."
"Well, thanks to you, my back is killing me." Kaoru complained as they approached the other hosts. They each took a seat at the tables that the hosts had pushed together so that they could sit nearer to each other. Just as the twins sat down, Haruhi came over with the coffee.
After a long and kind of awkward breakfast, the hosts all dispersed. Maverick and Kaoru each went to their respective rooms to get ready for their date.

——————————

Hikaru seemed to be the only host (besides Kaoru and Maverick) who knew that his brother was on a date with the English host.
"Where's Kaoru?" Haruhi asked, seeing that Hikaru was sitting all alone, playing on his DS in the cafe.
"He's out with Maverick." Hikaru replied casually, assuming that she knew.
"Since when are they a thing?" She asked, filling his cup with water.
"They've been out since about ten." Hikaru replies with a shrug. "Apparently, Kaoru's liked Maverick for a while."
"I knew that they were close, but I didn't know they felt that way about each other."
Hikaru shrugged.
Haruhi let out a short breath. "What about Maverick?"
"What about him?"
"How long has he liked Kaoru?"
"Who likes Kaoru?" Tamaki asked, butting into the conversation.
"Maverick, apparently." Haruhi replied.
"They're out on a date right now." Hikaru added nonchalantly.
"We must follow them!" Tamaki exclaimed, pointing his finger up in the air.
"Why would we do that?"
"We did last time."
"Last time?"
"When you and my darling Haruhi went on your date!"
"You followed us?" Both Hikaru and Haruhi asked, Haruhi was confused, Hikaru angry. Tamaki retreated to a corner to sulk.
Kyoya sighed before entering the conversation. "What is he upset about now?" Kyoya asked, looking to Haruhi and Hikaru for an explanation.
"You guys spied on us last year?"
"Ahh, yes, that. It was Kaoru's idea. Why are we talking about that?"
"Tamaki suggested that we follow Kaoru and Maverick, who are apparently out on a date." Haruhi informed.
"Maverick has had homosexual relations in the past, so it's not surprising that he would do something of the sort in the present." Kyoya stated, pushing up his glasses. "And those two have been spending and awful lot of time together."

As the hosts at the pension debated about weather they should follow Kaoru and Maverick or not, Kaoru and Maverick were out in the town near the pension. They were laughing, joking around, talking; just overall having a really great time. The two shared an ice cream cone, and were going around, pointing out silly things in some of the store-fronts.
Shortly after finishing the ice cream cone, Kaoru pointed out a music store.
"You need any new sheet music?" Kaoru asked, smiling.
"It doesn't hurt to look." Maverick replied smiling, taking Kaoru's hand and walking with him to the music store.
The two of them looked around the store, Maverick pointing out some of the instruments that were a little odd. Maverick took a guitar off the wall, tuned it quickly by ear before he strummed a little and Kaoru smiled at him. Maverick put the guitar back before he and Kaoru walked over to the piano section. Maverick sat down at one of the pianos and played the beginning of With the Wind from Black Butler: Book of Circus. Kaoru sat next to him.
"How do you do that?" Kaoru asked as Maverick played.
"Do what?" Maverick asked, chuckling lightly.
"Pick up an instrument and just play." Kaoru replied.
"YouTube, money, time, online sheet music and chords, and a really good memory." He replied, smiling at the ginger. Kaoru shook his head a little.
"You're amazing."
Maverick shrugged. "Shall we go look at the sheet music?" He asked, taking his hands off the piano keys.
Kaoru nodded and the two of them stood. It was Kaoru's turn to take Maverick's hand, leading him to the small room filled with sheet music. The two of them looked around, going through some of the boxes. Kaoru picked out one, smiling to himself a little. It was the sheet music for one of his favourite video game's soundtrack. Maverick picked one out too, the Yuri!! On Ice! soundtrack's sheet music. Kaoru slipped out of the room to buy the book as Maverick continued to look around a little more. Kaoru slipped back in after purchasing the book and continued to look around with Maverick to a while.
Maverick eventually payed for his book and walked out of the music store with Kaoru.
The two of them next went into a bookstore and looked around for a while, pointing at some of the goofier titles and giggling.
They wandered out of the bookstore and continued to walk around Karuizawa.

Maverick noticed some dark clouds and suggested that they start to make their way back to the pension.
"Are you sure? I thought you wanted to go to that antique shop we saw earlier?"
"We can go back tomorrow, it looks like it might rain and I'd really prefer to get back before it does."
"Maverick, what's wrong? You sound like you're panicking."
"Can we please just go back?"
"Yeah, I'll call a cab."
Maverick nodded, watching the clouds approach as Kaoru called for a taxi. The cab arrived right as it started to rain. Maverick watched out the window as the rain fell, picking up speed  as they got to the pension.
By the time the cab got to the pension, it was pouring. Haruhi asked Missuzu if she could take the rest of the afternoon off and went up to her room, predicting the thunderstorm. Maverick knew it was coming too and raced up to his room as quickly as he could without causing a panic, or so he thought.
Kaoru had noticed how Maverick had been acting and followed him upstairs. He gently knocked on Maverick's door, and when he didn't get a response, he let himself in.
Maverick was sitting on his bed with his headphones on, fumbling with his phone and muttering to himself.
"Mav?" Kaoru asked softly, sitting on the bed next to him. Maverick looked up at Kaoru, he was clearly panicking. "Hey, it's okay, let me help." Maverick nodded solemnly and Kaoru gently took his phone. "Music?" Maverick nodded. Outside, lighting struck, Maverick counted softly under his breath as the thunder cracked and he winced.
"Th- there- there's a- a- play- playlist." Maverick stuttered.
"Do you know what it's called?" Maverick shook his head, he didn't know what playlist Matthew used. Kaoru scrolled through the playlists and thought that 'soothing' might be the name. He played it and Maverick seemed to start to relax; Kaoru had chosen correctly.
"So you don't like thunderstorms either?" Kaoru asked softly as Maverick laid down.
"Bad memories." He mumbled before he fell asleep, too bad he said it in English, and Kaoru wasn't quite sure he heard it correctly.

The next day, Kaoru and Maverick did go back to that antique shop, but came back with more than some old knickknacks, they came back to the pension with a boyfriend in each other.