Chapter 4- Pillow Castle

WARNING may contain The Fault in Our Stars spoilers

Chapter 4- Pillow Castle

Jaydes P.O.V

after thepool, we decided to go home and watch The Fault In Our Stars and snuggle  on the couch. Mali and I were in the kitchen making snacks while the boys set up things in the lounge room. the small chat mali and I had going about how crappy this brand of popcorn was soon died down and we stood in silence.

"I saw him staring at you, you know." Mali grinned.

I felt butterfly's grow in my stomach, that I payed no attention to.

"who?" I asked, playing dumb.

"Luke, silly." mali laughed, taking the popcorn out of the microwave and putting it into a bowl.

"ew." I teased, taking two big jars of Nutella out and getting spoons.

"jayde, he likes you." mali said, this time a bit quieter.

"why would he like me?" I asked curiously, throwing chips into a large bowl.

mali sighed. "well, you're funny and beautiful and out going and you like all the same things."

"he reminds me of Nathan." I blurted and mali stopped everything and looked at me. "what?"

Nathan was my ex boyfriend, we broke up last year after being together for almost 4 years. Nathan was popular at school, and I thought he loved me. Well I was wrong. he abused me- not physically, to begin with, but verbally. everyday. he said things like 'ugly slut' and 'fugly whore'. I don't know why I didn't just break up with him. I was scared of being alone, I guess. I was desperate for a boyfriend. after 2 years of that, he hit me, he slapped me, after we had a fight. he had been cheating on me- I knew, but I pretended not to and when people tried to tell me, I denied it and said he loved me.

"he reminds me, of nathan..." I repeated, softening my voice.

mali was the only one who knew about the way Nathan treated me- I didn't want to seem pathetic to everyone. im a big girl, I can handle my problems on my own. mali wouldn't know if she hadn't found me crying in the locker room in the gym. I told her everything. I just couldn't hold it in anymore.

but im okay now. I've moved past it.

"babe.." mali whispered, hugging me, "hes nothing like that scumbag. I know Luke would make you happy."

"I don't like Luke though." I said quickly, grabbing the food and walking out into the loungeroom.

the boys had made a castle, out of pillows and blankets. it was amazing. I flopped down in the middle. mikey laughed at me and put The Fault In Our Stars into the DVD player. all the boys and mali snuggled around me as the movie started. I shoved chips into my mouth and then a big spoonful of nutella.

mali was laying against Ashton. I knew she had a crush on him, no matter how much she denied it. They were meant to be.

"Maybe okay will be our always" "Okay..."

"Awwwwwww!" I gushed, putting my hand on my heart. luke smiled at me and I caught his eye awkwardly.

as the movie reached Augustus' death, tears formed in my eyes and I knew I was going to cry. I heard Mali sniff and Cal whisper something about it.

"oh god, im going to cry." luke blurted, sniffling. I giggled. luke reached for the chips, that were on the other side of me, and his hand touched mine and I felt a shiver go down my spine. Ew Jayde what the fuck! I thought, disgusted.

Hazel Grace was driving home, Not About Angels by Birdy playing as the backing music. I started sobbing. lukes hand brushed against mine again as he put the chips back. mali, Ash, and I were all bawling our eyes out and Luke and Mikey had tears in their eyes, but Cal was just sitting there.

the credits roled and I breathed put heavily. "woah." I whispered, "well, that was sad." Mali breathed and I nodded my head in agreement. "you don't say." luke muttered, wiping his tears away.

but guys, its so bad XD

do you ship Layde? I ship it. chey ships it. we all ship it.

-Holly