What's that green thing?

A/N: I know nobody likes this lol but whatever it makes me happy.

f/n = friend's name

Warmth. Chocolate. Sweaters. Red and green.

Christmas.

A holiday that wasn't celebrated that much on Starkiller Base, but alas, you weren't going to let that stop you from having your own cute Christmas tree decorated with sparkling ornaments in your room. Your roommate f/n was excited as you are, helping you out with making the room feel as festive as it could be without letting it be too much of a hassle if someone saw a glimpse of this celebration as though it was alien. 

Luckily, you weren't the only one feeling the Christmas spirit. 

Your little... crush, was getting ready for the day, feeling a bit more jolly than usual, and seems to be relaxed a lot more than he is when he's hunched over a stack of files that he felt like ripping to shreds at its inconvenience. Nevertheless, this was his job, and he dealt with it, as long as he was here with you.

At lunch, you and f/n skipped to the cafeteria a bit late, as you were both engrossed in a Christmas movie; a rare treat for the both of you. But, you weren't the only one running a bit late for the food that wasn't festive-themed... sad.

You saw a blur of orange in your peripheral vision from the hallway on your right as you entered the hall, making a bee-line to the food as though you were clocking in and out. F/n followed, just as eager to eat before spending the rest of the day doing whatever peaks both your interests. Once you were holding a tray, you felt a presence and warmth next to you. As curious as you are, you peeked a glance to your left and nearly choked on your spit from who you were standing next to. 

General Hux.

What the heck is he doing here? Oh my stars, help me!

You were to the point you were so numb from the number of emotions running through you, you focused on your goal, your beloved food. 

Not today Satan, I need my food.

He made a little cough next to you, so you looked at him. He looked directly at you with an adorable smile, a rare thing to see. He greeted you and asked how you were, and you managed to speak a bit before you made a complete fool of yourself. 

"I see you're a bit late. Busy with f/n?" he asked with a little grin. 

"Yes! We were watching a Christmas movie, right f/n?" you tried to nudge her arm but all you nudged was air. You were confused, and once you looked over at where she is standing, she wasn't there. Little bastard.

"haha... guess she left. Ah, yeah that's what we were doing. We also decorated a little Christmas tree," you said timidly, feeling embarrassed as to what just happened.  

The look on his face was priceless. One second his face was neutral. The next, shocked, and then gleeful (A/N: pun intended). He looked like a little kid seeing jars of sweets.

Is he alright?

"You celebrate Christmas as well? I thought I was the only one!" he laughed half-heartedly, more so relaxed around you than caring about the demeanour that seems peculiar for himself. 

"You do too? That's great, we should have a Christmas dinner!" you squealed with joy. Food with your man, yes!

After a chat and sitting down eating your lunch with more happiness than anything, you both spent Christmas together (f/n shoving off somewhere to let you guys "mingle").

Le time skip

"Army! What's that green thing?" you asked when you walked into the living room. There was a weird green thing Sellotaped to the ceiling, and with your eyesight, you could not make out what it was.

You heard the little pitter-patter of Armitage's feet before he strolled into the room with a smirk on his face whilst his arms were folded behind his back. He was wearing a dark green sweater with a collared shirt underneath, and Christmas bottoms and socks, his hair all over the place. 

"What are you talking about, y/n?" he said with an even wider grin. This man.

You gave him a glare and he explained before you tackled him to the floor.

He took his thumb and pointer finger and pressed them together like a bird's beak and did the same with his other hand, making both 'beaks' touch each other. You were confused at first until you realised...

kiss. 

Mistletoe.

Your face went bright red from embarrassment. He came closer to you with a little giggle and took one of your hands and placed his other hand on your waist softly, looking lovingly down into your eyes.

"I love you y/n," he whispered, breath batting your forehead lightly.

You teared up from this, you waited for this moment, wanted it for so long.

"I love you too Hux," you whispered back.

You both leaned in, warm breath escaping, before both of your lips sealed each other's perfectly so slowly. 

A Christmas blessing for you both.