Quell

Edit by @kingarmitagehux on Instagram. Check their stuff out!

"You said that I'd get to have you all weekend. Why can't you just tell them you can't go?" - "Because it's my job, and it's important." - "And I'm not?"

From the 200 prompt list on Tumblr.

Just some sweet love, a smidge of angst and a bit of une suggestive theme at the end. ;D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was normal to see the General working for most of the week, but being his wife meant you saw him from time to time during working hours and snuggled up to him at the end of the day. 

But, that was only sometimes.

Most of the time you gave him a greeting if you were lucky to walk past him and a sweet smile for him to remember. Sometimes you saw him in his office during his break, had a small chat and food for him as he rarely had time to eat, and walking out to only feel empty again.

Your time with Hux was... fleeting. You don't remember a time with him that wasn't full of the knawing feeling that this wouldn't last long, and that you will see the stock face of your lover rather than his face full of nothing but calmness or love. 

One particular night, you had enough. It wasn't his fault, of course, but you knew you both needed a break, together, before going back into the pits of hell. So, whilst you were tucked under his arm with a cup of tea as he held you close to his side, watching a film on his pad, you sighed and looked up to him. 

"Armitage? Can we... talk about something?" you bit your lip, feeling a little anxious.

He looked at you in shock, pausing the film and then looking back at you with the same amount of fear you had. "What's wrong, love?" 

"I-," you sighed, rolling your eyes at it being so hard to ask for one thing, "I was wondering it it would be possible for us to... spend the weekend together? Just us, no work, relaxing, wherever you want to be. We haven't spent time together and-" 

He laughed, shaking his head at you, "I was hoping you would say something like that. I'll get it sorted, love. Next weekend?" Hux smiled at you brightly, pulling you into his chest and kissing your forehead.

You giggled, kissing his nose, "Yes, I can't wait!" you breathed out, smiling at him with absolute excitement. 

Finally, you both could relax.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You walked back to your shared apartment on that following Friday, with a jump slightly in your step and a grin plastered onto your face. Saying you're excited was practically an understatement. You felt something you haven't felt in years, and you were ready to relax with your husband, no matter if you stayed in your apartment or went somewhere else for the weekend. 

Pressing the code in to open your front door, you pushed the door open, feeling the warmth and comfort of the place wrap around you like a blanket. You closed the door, hung your blazer and took off your shoes before searching the house for your husband. He said he was coming early yesterday, so when you called out his name you expected a reply. 

But you didn't get one.

"Hux?" You shouted, scanning the kitchen, the living room, then the bedroom, "Hux, you there?"

You stopped moving, listening to the ambience. Maybe he's in the shower? But you didn't hear the water running. 

Before you could question his presence again, your cat Millicent was meowing at you and circling your legs. You picked your baby up, kissing her face before bringing her to the kitchen to give her some food. 

"There you go, sweetie. You haven't seen your dad here, have you?" She meowed at you before eating her food. "I guess not..." You shrugged, walking to your room to change into your nightgown.

You decided to send him a message before sitting down with a cup of hot cocoa and a book to read, waiting for him as your cat curled into your side. 

Hours past and you were more than halfway through the book you were reading. You closed the book with a heavy sigh, looking at Millicent who moved to your bed. Typical, you giggled.

Looking at the time, it was already 2100, which surprised you. Your husband still wasn't here. You groaned, getting up and sliding on some slippers before heading to the door. You decided to go check for him in his office. You thought that maybe he got too caught up with his work.

------------------------------------------------------------

Knocking on his office door, I opened it silently, shutting it behind me. I looked towards his desk, furrowing my brows when I saw him holding his head with one hand, eyebrows creased and his mouth frowning whilst he furiously tapped his finger against a document. 

"My love, are you okay?" I walked behind him slowly, gently placing my left hand on his shoulder, rubbing in circles with my thumb. 

I felt his shoulder clench before slowly relaxing under my touch. He sighed heavily, halting his movements and then looked up at me with tired eyes. I smiled at him wryly, rubbing his chin in comfort. 

"What are you doing here, y/n? I just had some work left..." he muttered under his breath. My love has no energy to even speak.

"I thought you were coming home early, to relax... for our weekend?" holding his hand in mine as I looked into his eyes. He looked down. 

His hands were cold, and I could tell the muscles were sore in his fingers. I kissed his knuckles, muttering his name again for an answer. 

"I-I don't think I can spend the weekend with you. I have a couple of meetings, my love..." my heart shattered. 

I took my hand away, my own dropping to my side as I looked at him, confused.

"What do you mean? You said that I'd get to have you all weekend. Why can't you just tell them you can't go?" I whispered. I felt saddened by this. I hoped for this for so long.

"Because it's my job, and it's important." 

 "And I'm not?" My voice cracked.

His head snapped up to me in an instant, his eyes wide. He got up from his chair and walked up to me, leaving little space between us. 

Hux held my face, my eyes closing in pain. 

"My love, my sweet, my universe..." he whispered to me, looking all over my face with his glassy eyes, "look at me."

I looked into his eyes, both our breaths faltering.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. My dear, I forgot and I can't make an excuse enough for you to forgive me, but I'm yours now, and I will do everything in my will to make it up to you. Please-"

I kissed him, shutting him up as he relaxed in my embrace. I wrapped my arms under his armpits, bring him closer to me. Hux's kisses were so soft, full of passion and love. 

We broke away, panting slightly as I looked into his eyes. They were wide, but I could see the light in them again, and complete love made me lose my breath. 

"My God, I love you so much," he kissed me again, lips curving slightly, "do you forgive me?"

"I do. I'm sorry for expecting so much. You're so stressed, I shouldn't expect you to always think about me." I kissed his nose sweetly.

"I understand, my sweet. Let's go home," he gave me his arm to hold, bringing me close to him as we headed out of his office and to our home.

As I stepped out first, I felt his hand wrap around my waist, bringing my back against his chest softly.

"I don't think we're going to be resting when we get home though, love. I've got something else in mind..." he kissed my exposed neck, making me take in a lungful of air and shudder under his light touches. 

"Well, let's get home shall we?" he smiled at me cockily as he dragged me home, making me giggle.

That night was a very good night, and I didn't forget it in the end.