Unintended Sleep

A meeting. BORING.

You hated meetings so much, and they were worse to deal with when General Hux was there, and more so when he sat right next to you. You felt like a burnt tomato at this point. As the General's assistant, you were of course expected to be there for him at all times, but most of the time when you were on duty you were bringing coffee and food to him, ordering or giving files out to other people or sorting out whatever he asks of you to do. 

This was your first time in a meeting with your crush. Before you started working as the General's assistant, you would have weekly meetings about *insert boring stuff* and it tired you out more than running across the ship. 

Trying to keep your face neutral from a peeking eye roll and keeping your hands under the table to stop them from holding your head up, you looked around the massive grey table of important officers. They were all discussing new battle plans, complaints and so forth. You knew this will lead to more hours of you running our the ship like a headless chicken. 

You looked over to your General, wondering if he was bored out of his mind too. It seems you were correct. His face looked quite professional, but you could see the small frown setting at his lips, the furrow of his brows and his eye twitching from frustration. You nearly scoffed and smirked from his facial expression; you've never seen him so done with his life. A little smile played at your lips - at least you weren't the only one.

You swear you caught a glimpse in your direction with a little smile only you could point out

You swear you caught a glimpse in your direction with a little smile only you could point out. You smiled a bit out of habit, making the General's eyes gleam without you knowing. 

Unfortunately, your eyes were drooping and fluttering so often you were sure you were going to pass out right there. You can't fall asleep now, Y/N. Your head was lulling to your side, eyes closing for a couple of seconds and blurring.  I haven't slept for hours, no wonder why, but not now!

You scolded yourself whilst you were about to pass out, some officers looking in your direction with a sincere look. They knew you were tired from the dark circles forming under your eyes, and you were quite close to them to know how tired you looked when you came over to give papers.

In a couple of minutes, your body had enough and shut down even if as you fought it off. Eyes closing once and for all, head lulling to the side, you were knocked out. Your head fell heavily onto the General's shoulder, making him flinch in shock. 

Everything went silent, all your dear officers wide-eyed or smirking at the two of you. Hux's head slowly turned to you, with wide eyes as well. When he saw your peaceful face on your shoulder, breathing lightly, adoration grew in his eyes, a smile of love covering his face. 

He knew you were tired, but you protested against his pleads to sleep, stating you would sleep later, but alas you never did. 

Everyone in the room awwed, turning Hux's face red, just like yours at first. He brushed a piece of hair behind your ear, looked back a the officers with the same smile, nearly making them choke on their own spit. He whispered that the meeting is postponed for now, and they left without a word.

The General carried you from your seat bridal-style to your quarters right next to his, opened your door with the keypad and tucked you into your bed. He left a little kiss on your forehead, smelling your *favourite scent* hair. He left a little note on your bedside table, walking over to his connected room and into his office with the same smile and butterflies in his stomach, waiting for you to be well-rested and ready for a day off.

A/N: I feel like my writing is poop but I had someone save this to their reading list so that kept me going lol. Thanks to whoever did that!