Prescence

Summary: Hux didn't understand why he felt so weird around y/n, so he started to get quite strict with them. When y/n was forced to spend a week helping him out for not getting her practice right and not listening, and they both confess when y/n sees something unexpected.

 Warnings: fluff, a bit of angst, the pies are back again, Hux being a toilet roll, Kylo being the annoying brother for the 1000th time, overall me not being a serious writer.

Read the A/N at the end for an update on my current schedule!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was against my own mind, trying so hard not to scream in the Arena. My arms were numb but still profusely aching, my fingers and joints twisting and clenching up, my shoulders burning off their hinges and my body sweating under the harsh light in the middle. 

Teeth clenched and eyebrows furrowed, I roared as my feet stamped towards Hux, my arms getting ready to hit him swiftly. I wasn't ready for him to quickly grasp my arm and turn me back into his chest, struggling out of his grip as he held both my arms behind me as his harsh breath fanned my neck.

"I told you to try harder, y/n", he harshly whispered into my ear.

Struggling against him, I grunted when he started to hold my wrists even tighter, "if you understood that we have been fighting for 2 hours now, then maybe you would understand THAT I'M TIRED!!!!"

I screamed as I suddenly had a bolt of strength course through, helping me break out of Hux's grasp and elbow him in the face, only to knee him and bring him to the ground. 

He groaned on the floor, his hair slick with sweat and tousled, his face twisting and knuckles turning red. I was panting harshly a couple of feet away from him, hands on my knees as I swept off the sweat brewing on my forehead.

"I've had enough, Hux... just stop..." you gasped as you felt your lungs burn.

He got up, scowling at me. 

"You hit good, but no. You are slacking. You got all the moves wrong last night. If you can't learn I guess I'll have to teach you another way..."

At this I jolted up, looking at him wide-eyed.

"What? Wha-" I sputtered, extremely confused.

"Stop gaping like a fish. Meet me at my office at 1500, don't be late."

He left the arena swiftly, limping a bit which made me chuckle before I started to think about the "lesson". 

Whatever he is implying, I don't think I'll like it...

Sighing, I picked up my bottle and drank the cooling water before heading to my room to shower and change. 

I had 4 hours completely to myself, but they would be full of questions and hatred to Hux's relationship with me.

For the past couple of months, his friendly demeanour towards me started to turn sour. Maybe it was the work of Kylo or the Supreme Leader, maybe the endless complaints of the broken coffee machine in Sector 2 or maybe the ongoing battle between the two sides. 

One thing for sure, I was nearly at my tipping point.

-------------------------------------------------

My black boots clicked against the polished floor, my long coat billowing behind me as I strutted confidently down the halls, making the troopers split in my presence. 

Even though I looked powerful as I walked to Hux's office, I was still livid over the morning session.

His bitter words and spitting mockery sent me over the edge most of the time, with me growling under my breath and screaming out the pent up frustration in my quarters.