Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

Chapter 2

Ryan
•  •  •

"You're joking, right?" I ask in hopes that they brought back that show Punk'd and Ashton Kutcher would jump out of his hiding place any second now.

"I apologize, but no," the Dean replies.

So maybe I shouldn't have tested the boundaries of karma because it's seriously kicking my ass. Not only am I listed as a guy and placed in the male dorms but the female dorms are currently completely full.

In the end my bags and I are escorted to room C5. The Dean promised to pay for all of my living expenses for this semester and he gave me an apology for the misunderstanding and lack of other living options. For the time being I have to remain in Prescott Hall until a female dorm becomes available. Which means someone will have to drop out or transfer before the end of the year.

I unlock the door with the key Gavin provided and step inside the small room. My male roommate has obviously already arrived by the look of the messy right side of the room. There are piles of clothes on the floor by his bed, it looks as if he literally threw his books carelessly down on his desk as half of them are open and upside down.

Great.

I flop down on the bare bed on the left side of the room with a tired sigh, my bags mocking me from their place on the floor. I'm not looking forward to unpacking in the least bit, I could honestly use a nap. My phone vibrates with a call from Taylor pulling me from my thoughts.

"Hello," I answer as I slide off the bed and begin reluctantly unpacking.

"Hey, Ry, how's the dorm life going so far?" he asks.

I can hear a girl talking in the background and Taylor says something back to her but his reply is muffled.

I snort. "I just got in here and started unpacking when you called."

Thanks to Mr. Sheffield for starting my application out incorrectly. I wonder if I could get him fired for this? Has he done it to other naïve high school seniors or am I just the unlucky first. I guess at least I'm getting to live here for free, that does make it a little less daunting to be living so close to a guy I've never met.

"What have you been doing, I dropped you off two hours ago?" He chuckles.

"I had to get some stuff straightened out but I'll tell you about it later. I have to go so I can finish unpacking and pass out for the next two days." I groan.

I really do deserve a nap.

"Alright. Catch ya later, love you," he says.

Yes, my brother tells me he loves me. I know it kind of goes against 'normal' standards and don't let it fool you into thinking we always get along and that he's not annoying, because we don't and he is. My mom instilled in us to always tell each other because you never know when the last time you talk to someone will be.

"Love you too," I reply before hanging up.

Once everything is unpacked and in its place I lock the door, shut off the light, and crawl in bed.

Hopefully tomorrow goes a little more smoothly than today did.

•  •  •

I wake up with a smile on my face from a dreamless slumber and rub the sleep from my eyes. I slept surprisingly well. I knew purchasing that memory foam mattress topper would be smart considering the horror stories Taylor has told about the uncomfortable dorm-issued mattresses.

I slip out of bed taking note of the empty room and step into the bathroom for a hot shower. I quickly turn the hot water on and strip down as it heats up, filling the room with steam. I step under the stream sighing as the water soothes my skin, massaging my back and scalp. Today is definitely going to be better than yesterday, I can already feel it.