┃CHAPTER 5

UNEDITED

"Are you ready to order, sirs?" A young waiter asked politely, a small notepad and pen in his hands as he watched expectantly at the two men infront of him.

Minho was not ready to order, because for the past 5 minutes he was figuring out how to start a conversation with Jisung, who was also not ready to order as he was staring hopelessly into space, eyes sad and dark. After their meeting with Mr.Han, Minho could understand why Jisung was speechless. "If you could give us a minute?"

The waiter smiled kindly and walked away to another table, and Minho took this as his chance to clear his throat, alerting the other man.

"Would you like me to order for the both of us, Jisung?"

Jisung stared at Minho, his mouth slightly parted them slowly, only to close time immediately and nod. As much as the mafias son wanted Jisung to speak and order for himself, maybe it would be better to let him process today's events.

But it still didn't feel right, this whole situation made Minho feel guilty.

Not once did Minho stop to think of the consequences Jisung would have to consider before joining him in marriage. While it might've sounded old fashioned for others, it was normal for mafias heirs to completely own their spouses. Most things in this arrangement weren't choices, Jisung will have to stop talking to his family, Jisung will take Minho's surname, Jisung will have to listen and serve the mafia.

He didn't take into account how toxic this all really was, even if it wasn't a real marriage, a friend Minho wouldn't want this all to happen to Jisung.

"...Minho?" A soft voice suddenly said, making Minho jump out of this thoughts and back into the present. Jisung sat with his hands on the table, his menue folded beside him. "Can we just...talk?"

Minho didn't know what talk exactly was, because wouldn't that be what they were going to do either way? However, from the tone Jisung spoke in, Minho wasn't to respect the seriousness and nodded shortly. He placed his menue down.

Out the corner of his eye the waiter looked like he was contemplating coming over again, however Minho sent him a small shake of the head, and the waiter disappeared into the kitchen.

The place Jisung had chosen was a place Minho recommended when they last went out to eat (yesterday), a huge restaurant, but all the tables were placed sparsely and ones conversation couldn't be overhead easily. The high ceilings gave the room an infinite feel, and so did the wall to wall windows- overlooking a small and well tended rose garden.

Maybe the fact that Minho owned the restaurant was also an advantage, and that you could only get in if you were trusted (or whatever 'trust' was in this business).

Jisung took in a deep steady breath, "have you...have you ever killed anyone before?"

"Excuse me?" Minho found himself asking before his mind had time to comprehend what the question was. Such a blunt and problematic question so quickly was absolutely not needed right now.

Yet, Jisung looked determined.

"I'm not going to answer that." Minho stated after a few seconds, because it was the truth- would anyone? Jisung was a brave man, but not a man who should have to think about murder.

The others man's eyes darkened, "but you will."

"Why would I?" Minho shot back, the air around the tense.

"Because..." the silence was making Minho devastated, but Jisung spoke, softer. "Because, I want to be able to trust you."

Oh fuck.