┃CHAPTER 8

PRESENT
T  I  M  E.

UNEDITED

It was about 10 seconds after Minho and Nayeon had ran down the exit stairs did they conclude that this was a terrible idea.

Granted, they didn't have much of choice. The enemy (whoever they were) had come the main and back exit, and the only way out was through the fire exit. So it was as if on impulse, both Nayeon and Minho sprinted towards the green door and were flying down the stairs. It didn't seem that being on the 67th floor was a big issue compared to people wanting Minho dead.

The sound of enemy footsteps tactically making their way towards them had both of them on edge, and they stopped mid way. Nayeon seemed to hesitate as to what she should do.

"Fuck fuck fuck-" Minho chanted quietly, realising there were footsteps coming from where they had ran before as well, behind them. They were about to be surrounded and the only way to escape was the window infront of them.

Realising this, Minho looked over to the assassin, horrified when she was staring intensely at the glass. She briefly looked down at her gun, then up at Minho's terrified expression, and back to the window. She pressed the earpiece on her ear, and began speaking under her breath, almost as if she was preventing Minho from hearing what she was discussing with the others.

"Code 0325, there's a double glazed glass window infront of me...requesting...send air help...don't come back for...goodbye."

Goodbye.

The footsteps were begining to get louder, a door slamming open heard a few floors above them. But Minho couldn't concentrate, because Nayeon just said goodbye. An assassin never says goodbye, unless-

It suddenly dawned on Minho, as Nayeon pointed her gun at the window, "No- I won't let you. There has to be-"

"They're looking for you, not me." She said with a stoic expression, but Minho stared helplessly at her shaking hands, "Besides," she looked up to meet the mafias son, a sad shine to her eyes, "They wouldn't kill me."

"That's worse!" Minho shouted, but Nayeon was already moving backwards away from him, "They won't kill you, they'll torture you! Starve you for infomation! I'd rather you die than go through that-"

Although he couldn't see all of Nayeons face, he could tell she wasn't happy about this at all.

"Come on!" He pleaded, eyes watering, "You can't just- you have a fucking son! Don't you orphan him for the same of me!" He shouted at her in frustration and fear, a puncturing guilt stabbing at his heart.

Minho could hear voices now, clear and loud on the other side of the shut emergency door. There was a few seconds before they would find them, and ultimately, take them both hostage.

Nayeons eyes creased, she was smiling. But what punched Minho in the gut was how the glistened, "Do me a favour then..."

The exit door they had firmly shut beside them burst open dramatically, and all of sudden shouts and demands were being thrown at them.

But it was too late, Minho didn't even hear the last of Nayeons sentence, as she was shooting bullets past him and at the window.

She threw her gun at the man approaching them forcefully, before taking a running start towards Minho.

There was a split moment, through the gunfires and shouting, that time slowed down for him. Uselessly, he watched, as Nayeon approached him at full speed, tears falling behind her,

and she pushed him towards the window.

Having already shot and weakened the glass of the window, as soon as Minho's body came into contact with it- it shattered into a millions of tiny shards.