┃CHAPTER 14

UNEDITED !

"Oi!" Felix shouted after his brother in frustration, "Where the fuck do you think you're going?!"

Minho was all but running down the corridor of the large mansion, making a beeline for the common rooms, where the search for his fiancé would undoubtedly be taking place without him. God, this whole situation was a mess and yet Minho still felt un underlying presence of unbalance following him like a shadow.

"To see my dad!"

Felix groaned, running after him.

"Right, and, pray tell, what the fuck are you going to ask him?"

Minho didn't have time to answer him, because the faint chattering of the other mafia members was growing louder. Hearing this, Minho broke out into a full sprint, cutting round the corner sharply, almost skidding into the wall as he did so.

While the simmering anger at his fathers immoral actions by implanting chips into trusted friends, the louder, more selfish voice was screaming that perhaps that could be used to their advantage to find Jisung and Minjun.

But the parasite eating away at Minho's mind also screamed in justice, because children were going missing and being sold under his name- there had to be away to stop that, get them back, and make sure however it conducting that, dies a horrible death. Preferably by his own hands.

Those thoughts only made him quicken his haste, heeled oxford shoes slamming against the thick carpeted floor boards like a beating heart.

Felix's eyes widened at that, and he sped up as well, concern growing in his stomach. "Wait, Minho!" He shouted, but it fell upon deaf ears, as Minho was already running through the other members of the Lee mafia and up the stairs to his dads office. He was vaguely aware of the members calling his attention, or trying to grab him back, but he continued on like a bull for a target.

Minho didn't bother knocking when he finally reached the master office, as he swung the door open, nearly smashing it against a tall burly man on the other side of the door.

That made Minho pause for a moment, eyeing the men suspiciously, the words that were going to erupt from his mouth slowly dissolving back into his throat.

His father had never been one to be flashy, and he always favoured skill over muscle. As far back as Minho could member, his dad had always poked fun at movie villains for being surrounded by huge and strong men in suits; as opposed to more skilled, agile and smaller guards.

And yet, almost every man in his fathers office seemed to come right out of a 90's blockbuster. The usual assassin team nowhere to be seen.

"Minho!" His father said loudly, a smile adorned on his face, stepping away from the desk left askew with papers and iPads, "I was wondering where they had put you. What have you been up to?"

Completely baffled by the bodyguards and his fathers seemingly carefree attitude in such a tense predicament, Minho stepped back, throat closing up.

The sound of the door shutting behind him made him jump.

His father smile stilled at Minho's reaction, eyebrows raising.

"You feeling alright? You're quite skittish." His father asked, taking a step forward again.

At that moment, Minho was reminded of the power dynamic between them. The last few days had depended on his own thoughts and decisions, but this small interaction with his father had humbled him. Reminded him of who was really in charge.

It confused Minho deeply, because this was not the father he was used to.

"What?" He asked, voice betraying him in volume.