Chapter 11

It's crazy how such awful and amazing things are happening at the exact same time. Here I am, sitting in class with my phone hidden in my lap. I've been texting Leo almost all day and, yeah, about twenty five percent of the conversation is flirting. I've tried bumping it up, but Leo gets a little too embarrassed after so much and I have to tone it down. That's fine, I'll get him used to it eventually.

Beckett and Misty have not been directly told about this, but judging by their smiling faces at lunch, they know something is up. Both are easily ignored but neither actually bother me much. I think it has to do with the fact that I'm still in a bit of a bad mood from time to time for obvious reasons, not to them of course.

Seriously, why did all this with Leo have to happen now? I want to be happy about this, but with what's going on it's hard to just stay that way. I can't really think about the whole robbery thing since we aren't all meeting until tonight. I pray to whoever is willing to listen that I see everyone involved. I need to get out of this mess before Saturday.

I have priorities and my priority right now is having a successful date Saturday. This stupid bank heist is messing it up! Who even has to think like that? Whatever being put me in the Twilight Zone, please, send me home.

"You can't hang out tonight either?" Beckett groans after requesting that he pick me up after detention. "Why not?"

I shake my head in the negative. "Busy."

"With Leo?"

"None of your business."

Beckett grins, informing me that he thinks it has to do with Leo, which is a complete lie. It's better he thinks that on his own though since, technically, I'm not lying. He's lying to himself. I'm going to keep saying that to make me feel better. Thankfully, Beckett doesn't ask anything more, only claims that I have to tell him about any "new details" with Leo. I wave him off then head to my detention, which is as boring as the first, but I much rather be here than where I'm meant to go afterwards.

It's easy to get to the requested destination. I know exactly where it is, have taken routes close to it before so have no issue getting there. However, I feel more uncomfortable than ever, even more so when I slip through the gates surrounding the closed off area to some old warehouse. It's rather similar to the one I use. There are other abandoned buildings or just run down apartments around. Doesn't seem to be any security cameras either, this place is pretty dead. I've seen a cop or two pass by through the streets patrolling, but other than that, nothing. It's perfect for a meet up for their stupid schemes. I hate it.

They are definitely already here. I find one of the side doors has been unlocked. One of them must have picked the lock because the door swings open. Inside is a single open massive room with huge beams supporting the building. There seems to be a general office in the back with stairs that lead to a second above it, but other than that, there's nothing else. Garbage is scattered all over, as well as rat feces. Wow, ain't this a five star hotel. There's a smell of rotting food accompanied with just stale air. I cover my nose and head towards the table that's been set up on the other side. There's also a whiteboard. Wow, they can write?

Mop Head, Blondie, Clover, and Stranger are all standing around the table. Each is watching me walk over.

"This place look familiar?" Blondie asks with a giggle. "We saw you in a place like it before."

I don't bother answering her.

"As moody as ever, aren't ya?"

"Leave the kid be," Mop Head says. He swings his arms around Blondie, holding her to his chest. "It's ok if he doesn't like us. We don't need him to in order to get the job done."