Little White Lie

I've dialled Lucy's number so many times but she won't answer . I know that she's angry at Alaric,what I really don't know own is why she's ignoring me.

I also didn't know that Alaric would behave in that manner . Just as I start to give up she picks the phone up.
"Abii,isn't it obvious that I'm not in the mood to talk to you or your so called boyfriend,Alapig!"

I laugh at the name she gave him . She soon joins in on the laughter and just like that,her anger towards me vanished,as for Alapig,I mean Alaric, I'm not so sure...
We start chatting and I'm reminded of Alaric's presence when he accidentally knocks my lamp over.

"Uhm Lucy,I need a really,really huge favour from you" I say nervously.
"If it has anything to do with you know who,then no."She bluntly replies.

By "You know who" she actually means Alaric and if she can't help me because of him,then I guess I'll just have to lie to her too.

"Well,actually,there this really good movie showing at the cinema,the only problem is that I'll only be able to go see it tonight but my parents won't allow me to go."

"So where exactly do I fit in all this?"

"You just have to tell a very small,white lie...I'm going to tell my parents that I'm going there with you and if they call, all you have to is back me up,its that simple,please say yes. You are my only friend and I know you won't let me down. Please."

"Only if you promise that Alapig won't be there" She says.

"Okay,I promise"
I can't believe that I just lied to my only friend in Riverview,just so I could go with Alaric,but what can I say?If it all works out then that means it was all worth it . Now I just have to deal with the parents.!Ugh!

I turn to tell Alaric the good news but he's fast asleep.I shake him but he doesn't respond . I could shout into his ear but then I'll have my whole family come upstairs or I could pour water on him but then I'll just make my own bedding wet . So I turn to my last option which is pushing him off the bed,which by the way is really hard.

"What the..."He says as he rubs his eyes.
"Hey Sleepy Head,Lucy agreed so we can now go knowing we have back up."

He seems lost for a moment but shoots up just as he remembers the little get-together he was taking me to.
"Go home and refresh yourself,unlike you, I have to ask my parents for permission"

I helped him down the rail and once he landed safely on the ground ,I ran to the living room. Mom and dad were sitting cosily on the sofa,both wrapped up in a fuzzy blankets chatting and laugh while Mikey was p
on his cell phone . Suddenly my I felt my heart shoot up to my throat and lodge itself up there while beating at an alarming rate.
Was I having a heart attack?

I counted over and over again in my head . I  felt silly so I just decided to walk over to them.
"Mom...mom!"
Her head immediately snapped towards me.
"Oh Abii,I didn't see you there" She says.
Yeah right...

"So...there's a really good movie showing tonight at the cinema,I won't be able to see it again,Lucy is in town and..."
"Just spit it out" Dad says growing irritated.
"Do you mind if I go out with her?" I ask while playing with my fingers.
"You have school tomorrow,so unfortunately you can't..."Mom says.
"Please Mommy,but I've been working so hard lately and I promise to be back on time...please I'm begging you . I'll do whatever you want,just let me go." I say while tears start building up.
I really don't want to disappoint Alaric.
"Just let her go " Dad says and whispers something which leaves her giggling like a teenager in love.
"Just go,but don't be late...Okay " She says,snuggling closer to dad.