Chapter 1

Just a small clarification before we begin, if you have read any fanfictions similar or exactly the same as this one I apologize. I liked my idea and thought it would be fun to write about. I am not attempting to plagiarize any other works. I have not read a fanfiction like this yet but if it already exists I don't have any knowledge of it while writing this. (This was written because I've gotten pms accusing me of plagiarizing works that we're in fact published after I had made mine it was very infuriating to me and I decided to put this disclaimer at the start here)
-Suźune

In this world there are heroes and villains. Heroes are good, villains are bad. Heroes seemingly have to be happy, loving and caring. Villians have to be cruel, souless criminals that are hell bent on destroying our new quirk influenced society. 80 percent of people in this world develop superhuman powers. Whether they are helpful or just plain useless in general that is humanity's newest evolution. And then there was me, one of the 20 percent of the population without quirks. Or so I had thought...

I walked down the stairs of the grey office building feeling rather, empty. My fate had just sealed by my idol, otherwise known as the number one hero, All Might. I had asked him if a quirkless loser like me could become an amazing hero like him but, I was quirkless you obviously can't be a hero if you are quirkless. If you are quirkless you must be and therefore are useless to everyone. I let myself out the back door of the building, knowing that some more relavant people in the world probably wouldn't want me prancing out the front door of their fancy modern skyscraper.

I dragged myself among the rest of the crowd on the main road. 'Izuku you idiot of course your quirkless, All Might is the number one hero powerful and amazing, why would he say that you can be a hero?' I smacked into another person as I was too caught up in my depressing thoughts to care to look where I was walking.

"Sorry kid this is a no go zone some kid is having some trouble with a villain. The pro's just got involved better find a different way to go." The policeman said in his gravely sounding voice. I strained my neck to look over at the commotion going on behind the bright yellow caution tape. It was Kacchan.

'Oh. God. No.' This wasn't happening but it totally was, my legs moved too fast and before I could stop myself I was sprinting over to the slime villain and chucking my backpack at it. My sunflower yellow bag hit the green villain square in the eye. I ran over to my bully grabbed his left arm and pulled him towards me best as I could. My heroic moment was suddenly crushed by the painful sound of screaming.

I looked at my childhood friend's arm and cringed. His arm had practically no skin on it, his muscles and bones were now proudly on display for all of Japan to see. "LET GO DEKU!" The stubborn ash blonde had legitimate tears welling up in his scarlet eyes. What a terrifying sight it was to see my bully in tears. "KACCHAN I'M SORRY BUT I'M GOING TO SAVE YOU!"

We fell to the ground, in a pile of blood, tears and ashes. Within a couple of seconds a bunch of pro heroes ran over to us. The noises around me blurred into one slurred voice and once it the noise made its way into my ears it sounded somewhat like this,  "Need.... ambulance- help! get away the media! stay away....please." I squeezed my eyelids shut, trying to ignore the impossibility of what had just happened. 'I don't have a quirk... its a dream... a bad dream! I'm just quirkless Deku....Quirkless...Deku....'

I woke up in a normal white hospital room. In a pile of dust. Normal? This is not normal. A lady that I labeled as a nurse was standing by the doorway. "Ah! Midoriya-san you're awake. I see..." Her soft voice quaked as if she was terrified of something- someone maybe. "Y-yeah um what happened?" I asked, deciding to be blunt about this whole situation. The nurse gave an small shrug, "I don't know?" Her reply sounded more like a question showing that she knew more that what she was letting on.