Chapter 4 - It was just one night..

Rosa catches me before I go into the precinct. she tells me not to tell anyone, we don't want boyles attention, I agree. But I wish she would let me tell people, I mean like, I slept with Rosa-fucking-Diaz. That would be great news.

"Ok." I take a breather before the elevator dings and I walk into the precinct. I got my own desk, right, across, from, her. Rosa. I sit down. 

"Rosa"

"Y/N"

"How are you, today?" I ask. Not looking up. "Good." She says through clenched teeth. "Thats; Good." I respond. I flip through binders Amy gave me to study and get tips from. I sigh and look up. "Diaz, can I speak to you about this case over there?"

She nods, "Sure. make it quick." She follows me to the women's restroom and as soon as the door closes, I spin around and stare at Rosa. "Why can't I tell anyone?" "Because you're a detective in training! Also,  you're all girly and everyone knows my type is creepy and weird people."

"Who cares? Rosa." "I care!" Her voice raises "No one is allowed to know anything about me or my dating life, and so far. No one does. I don't feel comfortable letting anyone know." she slumps a bit against a wall and crosses her arms. She's gone soft.

"Rosa.." "I think marcus is getting to me. He's been driving me crazy, he's been stuck in my head for what feels like forever! and then, I saw you. and I felt, warm and Marcus wasn't on my mind. But it was just one night, ok? just forget about it." She looks at the ground, putting her fingers on her temples. I walk over and stand across from her.

I reach for her wrists. and pull them down, she looks at me. "Listen, you caught my attention the first time I saw you, couldn't get you off my mind, and then you called me at late the night of my first day, i was confused. I thought you were the most scary and attractive person I had ever seen. And I still think that. No matter what you say, rosa. I was like, in love with you. and," I sigh and shake my head

"I think I still do" I take her hands and rub over her palms with my fingers. "You really mean that?" Her voice rough, stern and confused. "Yes, rosa!"  "Thats the best thing anyone has ever said to me," I look back up to her face. She pulls her hand away and cups my cheeks, leaning into a kiss.

"I love you Rosa," I say between breathes. "I love you to, Y/N" I pull away and give her a hug. We stand there for a while. I love her scent, her leather jacket is padded nicely that I feel safe. Then everything went bad.

The door creaks open just as I pull away from the hug and give her a kiss. "Oh, my god. Rosa!" Amy's voice echoes through the bathroom, She turns around, and I lean out from behind her "Oh, my god. Y/N!" "Well, this is the end of our careers, Y/N" Rosa says.

~

"What were you guys thinking?" Amy stands in front of us in the bathroom. "What if I was Charles?" I roll my eyes. "Come on, Amy, I've walked in on you and Jake enough already." Rosa crosses her arms as she speaks. "And besides. You saw nothing, anyways." 

Amy's eyebrows burr further so it makes a big crease between them. "I dont understand..?" Amy pauses. Rosa pulls a large knife out of her back pocket, damn I had no Idea she had that there. "I said. You. Saw. Nothing." She points it at Amy as she backs out of the room. So its just me and Amy

"How could you, Y/N?" She spits at me. "Its not my fault I fell in love with her," She gasps "You're in love with her?" "Oh no.." Amy's face lights up. "I thought she was kissing you because she wanted to, not because you love her. Oh my, this changes everything" 

"Ok, calm down, Amy." I put my hands on her shoulders. "This changes nothing. Im still your colleague, Im still Y/N" She takes a breath in, closing her eyes. "I love it. Finally something interesting at work!" I leave her in the room.

"Hey," Rosa is standing outside the bathroom. "Jesus christ, rosa" I put my hand on my chest, "You scared the shit out of me." She laughs, "Lets get back to our desks, and leave amy in the bathroom." 

"I agree."