A question

"Diego, come on! You weren't serious!" I said as slumped down on my sofa next to him. It had been an exhausting day and it was too tired for this argument.

When he said let's tell the world I had no idea he meant let's tell everyone we are together and lose our jobs and everything we worked for. I thought he was joking, or trying to be cute!

"Now that's where you're wrong. I was serious. I am serious." He replied.

"But why? What's wrong with what we have?" I said sadly. Was just being with me not enough?

"Clara, I love what we have. But I hate hiding you from everyone. I want to show you off to my friends and family. I want them to meet my girl" he said sadly.

I carefully put Diego's arm around me and put my head on his chest. "Diego, I understand that you're frustrated with all of this, but-"

Diego put his finger carefully over my lips. "No, don't. Stop there." He pulled me onto his lap and spoke carefully, "I understand that you don't want to lose your job, neither do I, but I want to walk down the street and be able to hold your hand and do all the things normal couples do." He explained. Secretly, I felt the same way. But I didn't say anything.

"Diego, soon we will finish filming. plus it's the last season. This will all be over soon." I said. I buried my head in his neck and he rocked me back and fourth.

"You're right." he whispered. "But you see.. there's something I want to ask you, and I'm not sure of what you'll say, because of the timing and everything..." he rambled on.

I immediately sat back up and looked at him. "What is it, Diego?"

"Clara, will you move in with me?"

He looked at me with his big sparkling eyes with his same usual grin on his face.

How was I going to say no to him?