Episode 6: How the Tables Have Turned

Her gaze was unwavering, scorching even, as Nicholas read the documents filled with words Emily was too bored to make sense of. They were sat in the fine living room of his place that had a cozy lighting, beautiful, customized furniture to die for - there was even a freaking modernized version of a fireplace - and they decided to get some work done from there. She liked the energy of the place, it was lovely. And Nicholas felt the same way, trying to make the effort to get closer to Emily, even if it was in the simplest of ways like sitting next to her.

However, he couldn't really get anything done with her staring at him like that. With a current of passional electric energy searing within her eyes. No longer being able to bear it, he broke under the heat of her stares.

"Emily, should I gather from the way you are staring at me that you want something?" His voice was warm, possibly amused, but it was difficult to tell from his impassive expression.

Emily tore her gaze away from Nicholas as she fanned her face.

She reached out her hand, starting to stretch in order to distract herself intermittently and avoided his passionate gaze. 

"Stop fooling around." She finally whined.

Nicholas tilted his head as if he was inspecting a rare breed of animal; the cute kind of course, like a koala.

He then brought a finger under her chin.

She was forced to stare into his chestnut eyes that were aflame with unleashed desire.

"Why? Does saying these things make you shy?"

Emily suppressed the need for her eyes to roll heavenward after hearing his deep voice.

Why was he doing this to her?

One second he was minding his own business, not batting an eyelash as he made her live in his house, then the next he was touching her so intimately like this?

Was he truly a victim of bipolar disorder?

"N-Nicholas..." She stammered.

The man felt his ego inflate at the want in her voice.

Good, so this wasn't one-sided, he confirmed.

He released her chin.

Unknowingly, a pout made its way to Emily's face.

She really wasn't aware of it.

Her heart skipped a beat when Nicholas' ran a bold thumb across her lips, "Don't pout. I won't hesitate to kiss you then."

She felt her heart stop at his extreme threat.

How could he say something like that so casually?

And had she been pouting? But why would she do that over him simply taking his hands away from her? Did she want him to touch her?

Ugh! This man was confusing her and they haven't even been living together for that long.

Emily's mind drowned in the possibilities of him and her.

She bit her lips nervously, but even that made him groan, making a dangerous comment slip from out of his mouth.

"That's even worse."

Taking them both by suprise, she couldn't help but chuckle at his expense.

Oh god, she must have been crazy, but there was a comedic effect to his monotonous words.