Episode 24: Baby It's Cold Outside

emma watson looks so adorable in that gif above.

Episode 24: Baby It's Cold Outside

In the half light of the corner, the woman appeared small as the phone rang in her ears. She bit down onto her lips in anticipation as it continued. On the verge of hanging up after several tries, she finally heard the vibrations cease.

He had picked up.

"Nicholas."

She faltered at the tension that was scarily palpable. It was on the brink of combustion, without even being in his physical presence.

Just hearing his deep voice was enough to make her start shaking nervously.

Emily cleared her throat quickly, afraid he might hang up if she took too long to speak.

"Uhhh, hi. It's Emily."

Silence.

"Who is that again?"

Emily flinched at the coldness in his tone.

Ouch.

That one hurt.

"Y-Your wife?"

"The last time I checked a wife has a duty to inform her husband of her whereabouts -- not leave him completely clueless and worried out of his mind when she doesn't come home."

He was pissed.

Definitely upset.

Emily squeezed her eyes shut as she folded her lips in contemplation.

How could she explain this situation without sounding articulatorily challenged or just a plain liar?

Just tell him the truth!

Emily listened to that side of her mind and her mouth started flying before she knew it.

"I know it sounds stupid but-- I was locked inside the on-set trailer all night. How I ended up inside there you may ask? Because I was really tired and needed some sleep so someone advised me to take some rest. When I woke up, it was night though and the person I told to fetch me when it was time to film hadn't. I left my phone in the jacket pocket, and that was left in the car, so I couldn't call anyone for help. I'm really sorry if I worried you last night. Really. I can't imagine how you must have felt. I swear it won't happen again."

Emily, feeling really anxious, could hear her heart pounding loudly inside her ears, like mini speakers.

Nicholas hadn't said a word.

Still hadn't even when a minute passed.

The only sound that was audible was that of his heavy breathing mixed with Emily's erratic one. It was strangely reassuring that at least some part of him was reacting to her words.

"Nicholas, I-"

"Are you okay?"

"What?"

"I asked if you are okay. You said you were left in the trailer alone. Last night was viciously cold."

Emily felt her heart warm.

She was easier in her mind that he didn't sound as upset as before. Only by a little bit.

"I'm fine. Thanks for asking."

"That's good."

"Yes."