Episode 46: King Addiction

"I can't believe you're still angry over what happened in the car."

"The more you refer to it, the longer it's gonna take for me to get over it."

Nicholas grasped Emily by the arms as she was about to walk into her bedroom.

The light humor on his face was replaced by something more primal.

"I just wanted to remind you that you're married. You don't want people to take misleading pictures of you with others in public, do you?"

Her eyebrows furrowed in disbelief. "The newspaper incident again? I thought we already went over this jealousy phase of yours. Taylor means nothing to me other than a friend - less than that now actually. He's just my colleague."

"Which fortunately won't be the case after the next couple of days that you have to film together. After that, I'll be rest assured about him not being anywhere near you."

She shook her head in distaste at his attitude.

"It's not like I wanted those pictures of me and him circulating."

"Don't misunderstand me," he said, carefully wrapping his arms around her tiny waist as he pulled her closer.

Like the traitor it was, her heartbeat quickened. She looked up at him, half-annoyed and the other half filled with anticipation.

"I have no doubts about you. As I've said before, I know you wouldn't get involved with another person. I'm not lacking self-confidence when it comes to where I lie in your heart. I know I've already built a home for myself there. However, I despise the way he looks at you when you speak. The way he smiles at your every word- memorizes the shape of your lips as they move..." He trailed off as his fingers brushed over the aforementioned part. Her mouth tingled in delight because of the intimate touch. It didn't help that his eyes failed to waver away from them.

"Only I should be able to do that." His gaze suddenly met hers firmly and she almost melted.

"No other man is supposed to look at you that way. Even if they do entertain those thoughts, they should know better than to make it obvious to me. God, I wish I could put up a billboard sign and make the world know that you're mine. That way nobody in New York or anywhere else for the matter would dare to undress you with their eyes."

At this point, Emily was utterly speechless.

She didn't know what could be said to refute his words.

Not that she wanted to anymore.

Yet it still came as a surprise how deeply this issue burned down inside of him like this.

Nicholas really wanted for their relationship to be known and not treated as it was now. Where others thought they had a chance in winning her heart.

If only he knew the owner had been him for the longest while.

Resting her palm on the side of his face, Emily looked up at him understandingly. "I want the world to know you're mine too."

Nicholas' eyes flew open in surprise.

She had never said such words to him before.

Usually, it was always him making comments about the impatience of waiting on breaking the news.

Hearing those words from her lips made him a very happy man in that moment.

"Really?"

She nodded shyly at him.