Episode 10: Thicker than Water

A/N: Here's chapter 10 as promised. Hope y'all have a blast! :)))

Episode 10: Thicker than Water

Emily woke up the next morning to an empty bed. Somewhere through the night she had felt Nicholas slip beneath the sheets and took a place beside her. It was strange and she was starting to wonder if she had imagined it without a dent in the space beside her to give her a clue. Maybe he had gotten up so early that that outline of his body had disappeared. Whatever it was, she tried not to think about it deeply and rolled out of bed. The digital clock beside her displayed that it was quarter past six o'clock.

Emily looked to the shower where the sound of water hitting a hard surface had awoken her.

Must be Nicholas, she guessed.

But why was he up so early? She thought bitterly.

Slipping her feet into the bed slippers, the woman looked around nervously when the sudden urge to pee hit her.

Oh no.

Emily squeezed her legs together as she took a seat on the sofa out in the area that resembled a living room. The fight to hold it was proving to be difficult as time passed and she still heard Nicholas humming lowly in the shower. Sweat beads started rolling down the side of her face. Emily pushed her pride away for the sake of her sanity and health, then knocked on the bathroom door.

The low hums ceased as the shower was turned off.

"Yes?" Nicholas asked, his voice sounding a bit muffled.

"Um...I need to use the toilet." Emily squeezed her eyes shut in misery as she felt it coming down.

There was a moment of silence, where in between, black crows could have passed if they wished to do so.

For Christ's sake-

"Come in." Nicholas finally gave permission.

Emily let out a huge sigh and twisted the knob to the door.

She tried not to divert her eyes away from the toilet as he turned back on the shower and continued to wash himself. The glass door was drawn but as Emily pulled her shorts down and started doing her business, trying to make as little sound as possible, she felt her gaze stray onto it.

She sat there, eyes in a daze as she saw the naked silhouette of Nicholas' body. There was nothing that she could make out other than the tanned complexion of his skin, but that alone and his towering height was enough to make her feel unusually excited. Her heart stopped when Nicholas suddenly faced her as if he could see through the fogged glass asking, "Aren't you finished?"

The atmosphere had grown awkwardly tense.

It was like the two of them were struggling with the palpable carnal desire that they had for each other.

This wasn't a scenario they could imagine happening so quickly, especially not after Emily's panicked reaction to him last night.

Currently, it was like they were both making things hard for each other, on purpose.

Separated by just a glass shower door.

So close yet so far...

Emily was quick in pulling up her shorts once she snapped out of it.

She cleared her throat.

"Yeah...yeah. I'm finished. Thank you."

Emily washed her hands in the sink and rubbed the moisture remaining on her hand on her face to cool it down.