Chapter 11 - Deal

Hey everyone! I would like to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to Haru-Nari8 in this chapter to thank her for making this amazing fanart!!! When she sent me the idea sketch, I couldn't stop fangirling and when she sent me the final result, I was screaming happy! >w< 

Thank you so much for making this fanart, Haru-Nari chan! You're so talented and I can't stop admiring how amazing your drawings always are!

To express my gratitude and happiness, I dedicate this chapter to you! 

\(>w<)\  /(>w<)/ [<<< that's me dancing, btw, lol] Happy reading!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harumi pov:

I touched the ring that rested as a pendant to the chain I wore around my neck. It was now the most precious thing in the world to me and I was glad that Grandpa had given it to me. My memories of my parents were hazy but I still missed them, especially since the only thing I did remember of them was my mother's gentle voice as she called out to me and told me that she loved me.

Grandpa had always said that I looked a lot like my mother but had my father's eyes. He saw both of them in me so much, my occasional childish side similar to that of my father, and knowing that made me feel happy and sad at the same time. Grandpa was now the most important person to me in this world and I wanted him to always be happy. I wanted to do everything I could to make sure that he was happy and healthy and relaxed because he had gone thought as much pain as I had when I lost my parents and caused him trouble.

I exhaled softly and turned off the stove seeing that the milk I was heating was warm enough. I poured it into two glasses on a tray and put the soiled utensil in the sink before going back to the back yard. I stalled briefly in the living room to glance at the two Akatsuki members – Deidara san was sprawled out on his mattress and was snoring loudly while Madara san was asleep on the couch with one arm below his head. He still had his mask on and I was glad for that.

But I twitched, feeling momentarily annoyed with myself at my hopeless sense of taking care of people. Giving a mix of a sigh and a groan, I placed the tray on the coffee table and went into my room to get three blankets. As quietly as possible, I put one over Deidara san and another over Madara san, thanking the heavens that he didn't twitch when I did so, before going to join Grandpa in the backyard with another blanket in hand.

He had listened to me and had finished the food that I had insisted him to eat. I took a seat next to him after wrapping the blanket around his shoulders and handed him his glass of warm milk. We sat mostly in silence as we watched the kiln and Grandpa added a few pieces of firewood once. Half an hour later, he was yawning and nodding off.

I craned my neck to look at the time on the clock in the living room. It was 11:30 and way past the usual time Grandpa slept every day. With a soft laugh, I stood and tugged on his arm to wake him and make him stand.

"C'mon, Grandpa, it's time for bed," I said.

"But I have to watch over the kiln. And I'm not a little kid with a bedtime!" he grumbled and I laughed again.

"You don't have to worry about the kiln, Grandpa. I'll take care of maintaining the temperature until they're fully fired," I said and he grumbled again before getting up. I picked up the tray and the dinner plate as we headed inside. I put the dishes in the kitchen sink, with the thought of washing them later, and then went to Grandpa's room.

He had already got in bed and was snoring softly. I brought a fist to my lips and giggled – he must have been tired after going by foot to the next village and stressing about my parents. I pulled the blanket till his chin and watched him for a few minutes, immense gratitude bubbling within me, before I turned off the light and left the room while closing the door behind me.