Chapter 12 - Healing and Thoughts

Harumi pov:

Today was like any other day but with a throbbing pain in my shoulder that was yet to heal that made it quite difficult to be the person I was every day. I hadn't been able to make and ceramic ware for the past week because of the hairline fracture but I had been making a wide variety of jewelry. It was popular among the women who came to my stall and the men too, since they wanted to gift jewelry to their girlfriends and wives.

Well, the ceramic ware did sell too but jewelry seemed to stand out and attract people of almost all age groups. The number of ceramic ware in the stall had decreased because I hadn't been able to make anything lately but Grandpa had insisted to make a few until my shoulder healed. Yes – he did know that my shoulder was bummed out but I didn't tell him that it was as bad as it was. I convinced him that it was a sprain but it was obvious that I wouldn't be able to deceive him for long – a hairline fracture was sure to take a lot more than one week to heal and I didn't know how to keep it a secret from Grandpa for much longer.

Sighing softly, I packed up for the day while ignoring the hard stares and unfriendly vibes I got from the neighbors. I had got used to it – they had decided that I was a bad person too after the warning from Obito san. Well, I couldn't really blame them because they knew about the Akatsuki and what they did much before I figured it out. Still they could have been a little more considerate and not been so rude.

Oh well, I suppose I shouldn't really mind it too much. After all, the lesser people I was close to, the better it was for me.

I dropped by the grocery store to pick up some things we needed for home. The woman who billed the items wasn't too friendly and glared at me but I did my best to ignore her and walked out of the store after paying for the items I had bought. I reached home shortly after and let myself in with the spare key I had.

I'm home, Grandpa," I called and he came trotting from his room moments later.

"Welcome home, Haru chan," he said with a grin and I held up the bag of groceries and shook it in the air.

"I bought some groceries. Shall I make some seaweed onigiri tonight?" I asked and he nodded.

"That sounds great! How is your shoulder by the way, Haru chan?" he asked and I mentally cringed.

"It's almost better. I think I can start making the ceramics from tomorrow," I replied and he nodded.

"That's good. We can get some more money then," he said with a nod and I felt a little guilty for lying. Our income wasn't that great to begin with even though I had managed to get more customers thanks to jewelry. But with this shoulder still in pretty bad condition...I couldn't make ceramic ware that was just about starting to get some sales and make our earning a bit better.

Sighing softly, I walked to the kitchen and put the groceries on the counter. I leaned against it while biting my lip. How was I going to cover up for not being able to make ceramics now?? I could barely lift my arm and there's no way I'd be able to make ceramics tomorrow. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock on the door.

"Hmm, who could it be at this hour?" I wondered out loud and went to the living. Grandpa opened the door and I smiled at the person who entered.

"Ah Kabuto kun, come in, come in!" Grandpa chimed and Kabuto kun smiled as he stepped in.

"Hello, Grandfather, Haru chan. It's been a while," he greeted with a chaste bow.

"It has been a long time. I almost thought you forgot us," I teased while stepping closer to him and Grandpa and they chuckled.

"I didn't forget you, Haru chan. I was just busy with some things," he stated.

"I was just about to make dinner. Will you stay?" I asked and he nodded without a second thought.