Chapter 34 - Submission

[Chapter's old title - New World]

Madara pov:

I watched Harumi with narrow eyes as she traced her finger over the edge of my armor. She didn't meet my eyes and she looked just a bit hesitant to voice out her thoughts despite my rather gentle coaxing.

It was true that I appreciated the confidence she had in herself and that she had a transparent personality – honestly expressing what she truly felt for anything or anyone – but it was mildly irksome that she was giving me suggestions on how to reach my goal now. I had been planning this war for a hundred years, scarified so much for this day and moment only to have it fail because the two meddlesome Jinchuriki had destroyed the Divine Tree, Obito had destroyed the Jyubi and my plan had fallen apart to the point where it could never be executed again. But Harumi was speaking as if she had a solution to the mayhem in mere moments of thinking. I was...annoyed.

"What is it you wish to tell me, Harumi?" I commanded her to answer and clenched my jaw at the skip in my heartbeat I felt when she looked up at me with an adoring smile.

"Well, I was thinking that you could be like an emperor and rule the world...I mean, you are stronger than everyone here put together so becoming their emperor is only fitting..." she said, having averted her eyes in fluster some way through her explanation.

Me, become an emperor? Could that really work?

"Madara," I heard Hashirama call out but I ignored him. I continued to stare at Harumi as I thought of what she had just suggested.

If I became the 'emperor' of this world, I would rule and control the world in reality and not just through the illusions that everyone saw. It would, in a way, be true peace and not make-believe with no one genuinely experiencing the satisfaction of a peaceful world. As Harumi said, I was now the strongest shinobi to ever live with no one having even the slightest chance of overpowering me – there were no more Bijuu in existence, after all. As the emperor, I could set strict rules and punish anyone who stepped out of line. I would, as I wished, be the Supreme Ruler of this world.

"Madara, will you please listen to me?" Hashirama said again and I glared at him for interrupting my thoughts.

"What is it, fool?!" I spat and he clenched his jaw uneasily.

"Please, Madara, you have to end this nonsensical war. There's no sense in hurting these people when you say you want to bring peace...you must stop this or I'll be forced to put you down just like I did all those years ago."

"You? Put me down? You couldn't defeat me when I was normal despite you being reanimated with no pain or diminishing chakra. Now that I have part of the Jyubi's chakra sealed inside me, what can you do?" I challenged and noticed him narrow his eyes. "Don't you dare tell me what to do, Hashirama. I will be the one to decide what to do and how to do it."

Tobirama took a step forward to fight me but Hashirama held his hand up to stop him. We maintained eye contact for several minutes, silently challenging and question each other but I'm sure he knew that I was the one who would win this fight no matter what.

I suppose everything had worked out well despite the Infinite Tsukuyomi's failure. If I had put everyone under a Genjutsu, they would have been nothing more than the living dead with no chance of using their brains for anything and merely worshipping me like I was their God. Things would have been rather boring for me. But with Harumi's idea in effect, I could truly control everyone, bring real peace and I would be respected and feared at a much higher level. Izuna and Harumi would rule by my side to make the world the way it was supposed to have been from the very beginning.