Chapter 13 - Protected

Madara pov:

"So the kyuubi hasn't been captured yet," I stated in annoyance. Obito's fists tighten just a bit as I gave him a look of disappointment.

"Forgive me, Madara. Konoha has been very...effective in protecting their asset," he said and I narrowed my eyes dangerously. He cleared his throat, immediately averting his eyes from mine.

"Pathetic," I sneered and he flinched. "I suggest you do it right this time. Go to the summit meeting and let them know I plan to take over the world without getting your head lopped off your shoulders."

"But Madara, shouldn't it be a surprise attack?" he asked and I chuckled, my blood pumping in amusement and eagerness to begin.

"Where is the fun in that? I want to see their hope shatter before I break and crushe them to the ground," I mused, already imagining the looks of pleading and submission I would get from the weaklings who call themselves Shinobi.

"As you wish, Madara," Obito responded and walked out of the room.

I couldn't help but smirk to myself as I recalled my memories of going out to war, witnessing the splatter of enemy blood and the sight of the landscape destroyed from the different jutsus used. I was looking forward to crushing everyone both in spirit and body and watch them give up and kneel in front of me, begging to be spared. Obito was going to rouse their fear very soon by announcing the onset of war in the Nation's Summit Meeting but for now, I would take some time to entertain myself.

I teleported to outside the Akatsuki hideout and made my way to the village to see Harumi. I was slowly getting over my surprise towards my change in attitude towards her but I smirked as I remembered certain recent events with her. I recalled the time when I had snapped off her ring necklace and held it out of her reach – her small delicate hands had clutched the my shirt as she tried to reach it and I had got a waft of her blossom sweet scent. The way she had covered my mouth with her hands to stop me from kissing her, her squeal when I had licked her palm and the goose bumps that erupted on her soft skin as I bit her ear was so entertaining. Her every reaction was entertaining and, in a way, adorable but the obvious fear she had for me was annoying.

As I walked through the village and towards Harumi's house, the villagers gasped and stepped back and away from me. I was still wearing the ridiculous mask and the Akatsuki cloak and they feared me as a member of the Akatsuki but would surely wet their pants if they saw the face under the mask.

I arrived at her house a few minutes later. I sensed her chakra inside but noticed that the old man wasn't there. I smirked at how perfect the situation was and I walked into the house without bothering to knock and get permission to enter. No one had the right to give me orders, after all, and I had already made it clear that only my words were to be followed through without fail. She was mine and despite wishing to gain her genuine affection and be just kind enough to her, I wouldn't show mercy if she did something I didn't like.

I took off the mask I wore as well as the cloak and threw them onto the couch in the living room. I went to the backyard where I could her chakra was concentrated and narrowed my eyes as I saw her working on some ceramics with light music playing in the background. This was the first time I had seen her making ceramics while bending over a rotating wheel. Her movements were fluid and she had a serene smile playing on her lips as she worked. I could clearly tell that she had years of practice – she was accurate and the piece she was currently working on was flawless.

I frowned after a moment though realizing that the wound on her shoulder was healed. There was no way she could be making something on the wheel if she was still recovering from the fracture I had given her. I wondered who had healed her since I was aware that she could not heal herself – it was possible that some medical nins who went to her stall to buy her works did her a favor and healed her shoulder. It wasn't important though – I'm sure a mark remained to prove that she was mine.