Chapter 23: Kiss?

Prophecy:

There will be six at the beginning and at the end.

One will be enemy and one will be friend.

A choice be made; heart or mind.

The lover's ears be deaf and eyes be blind.

Misleading will he try to thee.

For much is the Pit God's unease.

For an ancient god will pave.

A looming final path: destroy or save.

Chapter:

WARNING: This chapter contains fluff, more fluff, and even more fluff! You're welcome:D

Percy watched Cupid vanish with complete and utter confusion on his face, mouth gaping like a fish. Nico inwardly smirked at his expression, trying to press down the fear that threatened to overwhelm him. He hoped that his seaweed-infested brain would not be able to piece together what Cupid meant, for he wasn't ready to confess his feelings.

Thankfully, the kelphead seemed to have shaken out of his thoughts, turning to Nico with concern on his face. "Are you ok?" he asked. 

"Fine." Nico mummered, trying to supress the nightmares that had tormented him in that coma state. He didn't want to think about it.

"Are you sure? You look kinda pale." Percy pointed out, reaching out to put his hand on Nico's forehead.

Nico slapped the hand away, anger tensing up his body. "I said I'm fine, ok?"

Watching Percy drop the hand, the younger demigod noticed the hurt that flashed in those sea-green orbs. He felt a pang of guilt, but he couldn't help it. The nightmare version of Percy had been painful, and he didn't know if he could face him right now.

Images from the nightmare flashed through the son of Hades' brain, making Nico wince visibly and lean against a crumbling pillar. Percy noticed, glancing worried looks out of the corner of his eyes. "We better find a place to camp for the night." he said. Grabbing the string, he walked towards the enterance of the maze and pushed the glowing blue symbol. "The string will help us find a place."

Nico followed Percy out of the ruins into the maze, slightly trailing behind the older demigod as he forced himself to take each step, exuasted to the point of collapsing. Their footsteps echoed in the long corridor they walked through, for the cieleng was high. Matter of fact, it looked strangly enough like the cieling of that church-

'Stop thinking about that.' His mind scolded him. 'Thinking about that is going to make things worse.'

'But its going to happen eventually.' Another part of his mind protested. 'Its better to be prepared for the worst-'

"No!" Nico cried outloud, cheeks flushing with embarrassment as he watched Percy raise an eyebrow at him.

"Something wrong Nico?" Percy asked, studying Nico's face. The younger demigod knew he saw something, for he dropped the eyebrow and replaced it with a worried expression.

Nico rolled his eyes. "Stop acting like my mother, Percy." He snapped. "I said I was fine." When he saw an unfazed expression on Percy's face, he added with a growl, "And I'll say it again if I have to."

Percy rolled his eyes at him, losing patience with the son of Hades. "Say whatever you want to say, but I know you're not ok(Percy's such a poet:D). Whatever happened back there ruffled you up badly."

Nico glared at him harshly, mad at him. He couldn't help but think of the things he did in the nightmare as he snapped, "Are you deaf? I said I'm ok kelphead, so drop it."

"You're being really mean Nico." Percy pointed out with hurt in his voice.

"Yea?" Nico said, face darkening. "Well thats too bad. Live with it."

Percy stopped walking and faced Nico completly, looking desperate for answers. "What happened Nico? What did I do?"

Nico huffed. "Oh please, don't flatter yourself." He started walking away, not turning to see if Percy was following.

"Cupid said I hurt you." Percy stated, catching up to Nico's long strides.

"Well he's wrong." Nico snapped. He looked ahead, refusing to look at his crush.

"Please Nico. I want to help." Percy said with desperation in his voice.

"No thanks." Nico growled. His looked down, not wanting to fall to his urge to get thrown into the depths of Percy's sea-green eyes.

"Goddammit Nico, look at me!" Percy demanded, raising his voice and putting his hands on Nico's shoulders. He was now very close, only inches apart from the tomato red Nico. The son of Hades could feel his warm breath on his face, making the younger demigod swallow visibly.

"Get of me!" Nico growled, glaring full on at the son of Poseidon. He didn't want Percy to see his discomfort. But his shoulders burned where Percy held him, making him want to run away and lean into Percy's hard chest at the same time. It was getting harder and harder for the younger demigod to think straight.

"Not until you tell me what happened!" Percy growled lowly, trying not to get lost in the deep dark eyes of Nico di Angelo. He felt that same urge to get closer to Nico, the same one he felt back at that basement and the ruins of Cupid's hometown. 

"No!" Nico cried. He thrashed around to break free, feeling close to snapping. And he didn't want to know what he would do if he snapped, which would probably be kissing Percy senseless. With that thought in mind, Nico tried not to stare at his lips.

'Gods this is getting so hard.' Nico groaned to himself metally. He had never felt the desire to kiss Percy as strongly as now.

"Please Nico." Percy begged, his voice softer. He looked into deeper into Nico's eyes, which were full of so much emotion. He could see the pain and confusion clear as the light of day, but the other jumble of emotions were hidden from him.

"I...I..." Nico didn't know what to say. His mind was split in half, one side saying to tell him and another to not. He didn't know what to do.

"Let me help you." Percy added. Nico could see the thousand colors of the sea, for Percy was now only an inch away from his burning face. "Please."

The son of Poseidon's eyes flickered to his lips, eyes slightly darkening. Nico found himself doing the same, trying not to stare at the inviting pink skin. 

And thats when he snapped.

Nico leaned in ever-so slightly, eyes fluttering closed to meet his lips with his....

(CLIFFHANGER!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D *Ducks(hehe) as readers bring out their ready-made boxes of Pomengranites and tries to dump them on my head*)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: To all of you who are going to say "You are evil": I know I am;)

QUESTION: Do you think they will kiss of not?