Chapter 24: Sleeping in Prison

Prophecy:

There will be six at the beginning and at the end.

One will be enemy and one will be friend.

A choice be made; heart or mind.

The lover's ears be deaf and eyes be blind.

Misleading will he try to thee.

For much is the Pit God's unease.

For an ancient god will pave.

A looming final path: destroy or save.

Chapter:

WARNING: This chapter also contains fluff, more fluff, and even more fluff!:D

But before Nico could taste Percy's lips, Percy pulled him into his chest, burrying the younger demigod's face into the fabric of his camp half-blood t-shirt. He felt the son of Poseidon's lean arms wrapped around him securely, sending shivers up his spine.

"Its ok." Percy soothed, rubbing circles onto his back. Nico melted into his embrace as he let Percy comfort him.This was the best moment of his life.

"I'm sorry." Nico mummbled into the cotton. "I...You hurt me badly Percy." He admitted.

Percy felt like his heart had been stabbed from the overwhelming emotions that wrecked his system. He brought Nico even closer to him, feeling extremely guilty. He should've realized Cupid would do this. If he knew how, Percy would've done everything in his power to prevent this.

"Its not your fault." Nico added sincerly. "You didn't know that Cupid would hurt me."

"I should've known." Percy insisted. "I-"

Nico looked up at Percy, locking his midnight eyes with sea-green ones. "Don't beat yourself with a brick Percy(hehe, I guess Jason isn't the only one that should be shipped with a brick:D)." He snapped. "I hate it when you do that to yourself."

"But-" Percy protested.

"No." Nico cut off firmly. "What happened is what happened Percy, don't regret something you couldn't have prevented. Understand?"

Reluctantly, Percy sighed and replied, "Fine. But the same goes for you Nico."

Nico waved it off. "Yea,yea." The younger demigod grumbled. He looked at Percy with a raised eyebrow, puzzling the older demigod until the son of Hades asked, "Can you get off me?"

Chuckling, Percy drew Nico closer and nuzzled his hair. "Nope." He replied, popping the 'p'. He didn't want to let Nico go anytime soon, for having him melded into him felt really good.

"Percy!" Nico protested, pushing him to try to get off.

"Alright, alright." Percy unwrapped his arms from Nico, making the older demigod feel cold. He knew that if he wasn't careful, he was going to get addicted to cuddling the poor guy. Nico di Angelo would be his new teddy bear.

They walked through the maze in a comforting silence, the two demigods walking side by side. Their hands brushed a lot, making little sparks go flying for Nico. He felt his heart swell considerably, feeling like nothing could ruin his day. All they would need is a sandy beach somewhere and it would be perfect.

Then the string lead them into a golden corridor. A wooden door was on the right and a bronze one on the left. 

"You check the wooden one and I'll check the bronze one." Percy ordered, uncapping his sword and approaching his door with careful steps. Nico did the same, holding his black sword in a defensive position as he opened the wooden door. And what greeted him made him laugh with relief.

A prision cell awaited him, housing two plain bunk beds and a sink. He wanted nothing more to sink into one of the comforters and never get up, but he needed to talk to Percy. Reluctantly, the younger demigod turned away from the room and went over to the bronze door where Percy was standing. "I found a place for us to stay." Nico said. "Theres two bunk beds in the wooden door's room."

Percy turned around to face Nico, eyes looking relieved. "Thank the gods." He breathed, shutting to bronze door quickly and going over to the wooden one. He entered it and eyed the bunk beds with distaste, for they were both very small.

Nico saw the way he was looking at the cell and rolled his eyes. The son of Hades closed the door and put his backpack next to the bed in the farthest corner. "I'm going to sleep on this one." He announced, getting onto the bed without taking his shoes off or climbing into the covers. Like usual. "Night Percy."

Percy sighed, not happy with the place they're sleeping in, for bunks didn't look comfortable at all. "Night Neeks." He grumbled. The son of Poseidon got into the bunk, feeling very uncomfortable with his legs dangling off the edge. He looked over to Nico, who was sleeping heavily from the exausting day. Lucky guy.

He tossed and turned, not able to fall asleep as he felt lots of springs dig into his back painfully. Giving up, Percy sat on his bunk, rubbing his eyes tiredly. Ugh.

Later on, Percy noticed Nico shaking. His face clenched up as he mummbled into his sheets, looking scared and hurt at the same time. His heart jolted when he heard one word come out of Nico's mouth clearly. "Percy!" He cried, his voice filled with anguish as he tossed and turned.

The older demigod rushed to his bunk, pulling Nico into his arms as he sobbed into the comforter. "How could you?" He whispered with heartbreak, trapped in the nightmare Cupid had created.

"Oh gods."Percy gasped, a tear falling out of his eye as he watched Nico suffer helplessly. If he could, he'd exchange his place in a heartbeat. Hours seemed to pass as the younger demigod went through his unescapable dream, leaving Percy's heart shattered by the end of the ordeal. He whispered soothing nothings into his ears, rocking the trembling Nico back and forth.

When it was finally over, Percy sighed and started to untagle from the sleeping Nico. But before he could leave, he felt a hand shoot out and grab his. "Don't leave me." Nico mummered.

"I won't." Percy promised, drawing Nico back into his chest. He kissed the top of his head instinctively. "I promise."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Yay thats the chappie! So did you like the overwhelming fluff I put in there? :D

QUESTION: What do you think Nico saw in his dream? And does anyone ship Percy with a brick?;)