Chapter 28: Love Gives Death Nightmares

Prophecy:

There will be six at the beginning and at the end.

One will be enemy and one will be friend.

A choice be made; heart or mind.

The lover's ears be deaf and eyes be blind.

Misleading will he try to thee.

For much is the Pit God's unease.

For an ancient god will pave.

A looming final path: destroy or save.

Chapter:

(Warning: May be dark, please read with caution)

"You...you like me?"

Percy nodded, looking very nervous. The older demigod's palms were sweaty and could barely keep hands from shaking. "Sorry that I didn't tell you earlier, but-" His voice was cut off when a black haired teen hugged him tightly, eyes glistening with tears. The younger demigod didn't think this day would come.

"I...I like you to." Nico admitted, his face bright red with embarrassment. It took everything in him to not etheir run away or say that he was lying. But he was done running and lying to everyone.He had Percy now.

He felt a smile break out on his face, feeling like he was higher than the sky itself. Nothing could take his happiness away. Or so he thought.

"What the Hades?!" A voice yelled, a voice that made Nico's ballon of happiness suddenly pop into shreds.

Percy leapt backward, his face twisted in shock. The older demigod's sea-green eyes were filled with disgust, making Nico feel like he just got stabbed two million times. "You're...you're freaking gay?!"

Nico didn't say anything. He watched him with wide eyes, burning with the urge to cry.

"Say something! I can't believe you..." Percy trailed off, looking away and grabbing at his own hair with frustration.

"I don't understand..." Nico said, trying to stay calm but failing miserably.

"Did you seriously think I like you?" Percy snorted. "Don't be stupid, I could never like you."

Nico hung his head. "I'm sorry." He whispered. But things had to get worse.

"Percy!" Annabeth ran forward, giggling. "Did you do it?"

Percy nodded. "Thank the gods it's done." He sighed with relief, making Nico feel like he was just punched in the gut. "That was disgusting."

"What do you mean? Nico punched you, am I right?" Annabeth asked, looking puzzled. Nico felt helpless, for he knew what was going to happen next.

"I wish." Then Percy turned to Nico, hate in his eyes. "But then he had to be all gay and say he liked me back!"

Annabeth looked at Nico with disbelief. "You're just joking, right?"

Nico knew this was the moment where he would decide his fate: to hide for the rest of his life or come out and face the bullies. Drawing in a shaky breath, Nico looked in her eyes and replied. "I wasn't."

Annabeth stared at him in shock, eyes wide with surprise. Percy narrowed his eyes at Nico. "You shouldn't have said that. You're giving her a heart attack."

Nico felt a burst of anger. This was unfair. "Why the Hades are you being so mean to me?" He yelled at Percy, tears running down his face. "I said I'm sorry!"