Cold December Night

Kirstin's POV
Matt and I just got home from the Christmas tour and we're finally decorating our Christmas tree, although there's only 6 days until Christmas. We've put all of the decorations on the tree except for the star. Matty offers to put the star on the tree but I don't need help, I can do this on my own.

Matt's POV
I watch in amusement as Kirstin tries to put the star on top of the tree. I laugh as she jumps up but she still can't reach. "Need help, Kit?" 'no Matty, I got this. I don't need help'. I laugh as she jumps again, knowing that she definitely needs help. "At this rate, it'll take you all night to get the star up there, just let me help, Kirst" she grumbles in frustration since she wanted to be the one to put the star on the tree but she hands it to me and I put it on top of the tree. 'Thanks Matty but I could've done that myself if I jumped a little higher', I chuckle at her statement before walking over to her and kiss her all over her face, making her giggle.

Kirstin's POV
I was a little bit frustrated about the star on the tree but I quickly got over it. Matty made me feel better, his kisses are magical and they always make me feel better. We both changed into matching Christmas pajamas and decided to bake cookies!! I love baking, especially during the holidays when I can make the cookies all cute and Christmassy. I try reaching the flour that's on the top shelf but once again need Matt's help. "Matty, can you get the flour for me please??" 'hmmm, I guess you DO need my help, shorty' he says, grabbing the flour and handing it to me. "Thank you, Matty!" 'no problem Kit' as he pecks my lips, before beginning to make the cookie dough.

Matt's POV
While making the cookie dough, Kirst and I had a flour fight, which started with me wiping flour on her nose and things escalated from there and now our kitchen is covered in flour. We put the cookies in the oven before cleaning up and once the cookies we're done we decorated them, Kirstin's decorations obviously looking much nicer than mine. She's so focused on decorating the cookies, it's adorable. "Look Matty, I made this one have Santa Claus made of frosting on it!" 'It's adorable Kit!!' "thanks!!" She says with a huge smile. I love that smile so much.

Kirstin's POV
Once we put the cookies away, Matty and I made hot chocolate and put on a Christmas movie. We're watching How the Grinch stole Christmas, it's one of my favorites!! We're cuddling on the couch and I'm just so happy. I love cold December nights like this where Matt and I can do a bunch of christmassy activities and cuddle and watch movies together. I snuggle closer to Matt, him kissing the top of my head and sigh in content. This is one of my favorite Christmasses ever!!

A/N: a lil Christmas one shot since Christmas is literally in like 3 days which insane. Hope y'all enjoy ❤️