➴ one.

• ROSEMARY •

The sunlight streams into Eric's room and hits my sleeping face, I tiredly opened my eyes and moved around his bed, snuggling closer to his body warmth. I stared at his sleeping body before I brought my hand to his jaw, gently rubbing my thumb on it until his eyes fluttered open.

"Hey," he says with hoarse voice.

"Hey," I reply, yawning and my hand still placed on his face. Eric sighs and pulls me closer to him, just like every other morning. Expect this wasn't like every other, today the initiates arrive.

"The initiated arrive today," Eric says as if he was reading my mind. His voice is weary and I stare at him, eyes searching his face. He's not okay, my minds tells me, but I don't intend on asking him. One thing I've learned after these two years is that Eric is always okay, no matter what.

"Want me to go on the roof with you?"

"I would like that," he replies and continues to trace patterns on my hips.

I smile, "let's go get ready."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

I walked along the edge of the roof without any fear of falling, but Eric's eyes watched intensely as I did so.

"Am I making you nervous?" I ask as I do a spin on one foot, he laughs and shakes his head. Than his strong hands are wrapped around my waist and I'm not longer at the edge, as he does this I giggle like I'm a child.

"Yes, yes it does. Now let's stay alive for a little longer, the initiates are here." He whispers into my neck and points at the train that was gradually becoming closer. We take our distance from each other and watched as each body jumped from the train, and onto the roof where we stood.

I watched excitedly as the blurs of black, blue, white and even one gray jump off the train. My eyes searched for the possible initiate that could be wearing the same colors I did two years ago, but so far there was none. We did have an Amity transfer last year, the boy did not make it though. He was doing exceptionally well, but he choose to take his life at the chasm.

Just as I began to look away, I see it. The beautiful orange color being the last one off the train, she makes the jump wonderfully and I can't wait to see who she it.

"Listen up," Eric's booming voice fills the air, "Im Eric and this is-"

"Rosemary," I say quickly.

"We'll be two of your leaders and supervise you during training, but there's only one way into Dauntless..."

My mind begins to wonder off as Eric speaks, I hear the same speech each year. I take this time to study each individual, they look scared, I'm guessing from the jump they have to take. My eyes than go to the Amity girl and I instantly know who she is. How did I not recognize her before? My mind tells me.

My thoughts are interrupted by the small Abnegation girl climbing on the edge, she going to be first jumper. I watch as the young women take off pieces of her clothing, earning snickers from the crowd and them earning a deathly look from me to shut them up.

"Come on initiate," Eric says impatiently. She than closes her eyes, takes a deep breath and jumps.

Just like I did.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

They're all staring at me.

"Is there something wrong with my face?" I ask Eric while moving closer to him. The group of people in front of me has their eyes set on me, making me fell anxious.

"You look beautiful as always, why?" Erica asks but soon figures out what I mean.

"They're just initiates, ignore them."

"But it's making me uncomfortable," I say while trying to hide my face in his shoulders.

Eric laughs at me, "eat up. We're going back soon."

"Okay," I agree and pick up something on my plate.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

• FOUR •

"What are we talking about?" I ask Uriah as I sat my tray down in front of him and the Abnegation transfer. Honestly I didn't care, but the stiff intrigued me.

"Hey, Four." He says while scratching the back of his head. "We were just talking about Rosie over there."

"Eric's Rosie?" I ask and instantly regret, everyone knew I had a thing for her, well not the transfer.

"Yeah, Tris over here doesn't believe that they're together." He explains while rolling his eyes.

"Why are you so interested?"

"I just want to know about them," her voice is quiet and weak, but her curious eyes are loud.

"Well Eric was a leader when Rosemary transferred and they were ta thing from them on," my explanation is brief.

"Where did she transfer from? And isn't that not aloud?" She's asks. Man, when did Abnegation become this curious?

"That's not for me to say," she bows her head in embarrassment.

"And it isn't," the last part I say quietly.

"Anyways, Eric is the possessive boyfriend and Rosemary is oblivious to the attention that practically all the Dauntless male population give to her."

"Do you like her?" I can see the look of regret on her face as soon as the words leave her mouth.

"Maybe. Maybe not," I give her shrug.

Uriah rolls his eyes at me, already knowing the answer. I don't try with Rosemary anymore, but the feeling is still faintly there.

"Are you sure though?" She asks again.

"Even the infamous, cold hearted Eric deserves someone," I say lowly.

"Nobody deserves to be alone."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

{A/N} Hey guys! Please let me know what you think and don't forget to vote and comment:)

All the love -A