➴ five.

• ROSEMARY •

"I can trust you, right?"

Four looks up from the box of guns placed in front of us and nods, slight confusion on his face.

We were currently on the roof, preparing for when the initiates came to practice their shooting. Ever since Rain told me about her divergence it had been stuck in my mind, and I knew I couldn't talk about it to Eric.  

"What are the dangers of being divergent?" I wanted to ease the conversation, but I know my question is sudden.

"Their actions aren't limited, making them a threat to society...why?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Do you believe that?"

Four sat down the gun he was inspecting and turned to face towards me, his eyes were stern.

"Do you know someone who is divergent?"

I could easily lie my way out of this, but my instincts told me that Four wasn't a threat.

"Yes, the Amity girl."

He stared at me for a few moments, then turned back to the guns.

It was as if I didn't even say anything.

"Four, I-"

"Don't mention that to anyone, got it? Not even Eric. For now, let's just focus on training," he tells me with a low voice.

I give him a understanding nod, the sound of the roof door opening cause my eyes to dart towards it. The initiates began to pile in, Four gesturing them to stand before each target. I hand out a gun to each person as he spoke, giving firm instructions so they wouldn't harm themselves or each other.

I gave Rain an apologetic smile as she took the gun, her eyes glued to the weapon. I then joined Four in the front as he demonstrated what to do; most picked up quickly and were hitting the target within seconds.

Others, not so much.

My feet wandered over to Rain; I felt as if it were my job to help her now and I knew shooting was going to be hard for her, it was for me.

"Everyone has shot at least once now, do you need help?" I ask her and get not response.

Instead, she's looking at the gun with complete fear written over her face.

"Rain?" This causes her to look at me.

"I can't do it," her eyes glance to the gun and than back at me.

"It's just a target, trust me I felt the same way you did when-"

"I said I can't do it!" She threw the gun onto the ground.

I stared at her anger in aw, then my eyes traveled to the stinging sensation on my thigh.

Rain's eyes had gone wide.

"Are you okay, Rosie?" Four stopped when his eyes saw the growing blood stain on jeans.

"Rosemary, I'm so- I'm so sorry- I-"

"Back away," Four pushed Rain back as he slung my arms over him, helping me walk as we made our way off the roof.

The pain wasn't even there.

I couldn't feel anything.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

• ERIC •

I could hear the footsteps approach my office, but I had no intention of opening the door. Today had been stressful and I-

"Fuck off!" I yelled to person banging on my door.

I noticed the door wasn't locked, so the person could barge in at any time. Great.

Soon enough, here came Four rushing in.

"Four, get the hell out of my-"

"Rosemary was shot."

I didn't move, was this some type of sick prank?

"Eric," Four snapped me back into reality, "Let's go."

I ran faster than I ever had to the infirmary, not sure if Rosie was badly injured or not.

"Rosie?" I called out while entering the room, searching for a nurse.

"Eric," Four jogged into the room, out of breath.

I had took off after he told me, not waiting for him to catch up with me.

"Where the hell is she?" I started to pull back random curtains, revealing injured people who were surprised by my presence.

"Eric calm-"

"I said where the fuck is-"

"Eric."

I let go of the curtain I was about to pull back, turning slowly to the small voice who called me.

There she was; a bandage around her thigh and somehow a smile plastered on her face. The nurse whispered something into her ear before letting her wheel towards me, the wheelchair letting out a awful squeak.

"Baby," I go down to kiss her forehead and than her cheek.

"What happened?"

"An initiate dropped their gun and it fired," her voice is weak.

"The doctors said I got her here just in time," Four adds.

I let a confused look go upon my face, "How long ago did the doctor say that?"

"About an hour," he replies casually.

"So you just barge into my office and make it seem like she was on her deathbed? Why didn't you get me as soon as it happened?" I began to walk closer to him, ignoring the pull back from Rosie.

"I wanted to make sure she was okay."

"That's not your fucking job," I was now in his face.

"Eric, stop."

I can feel Rosie's hand touch my waist and I back away immediately.

"Four, thank you, but I think you should go."

"I'll see you Rosie," he raises his eyebrows at me before exiting.

I scoff, he know that pisses me off.

"Eric, you can't let him get under your skin like that," she tells me softly and I nod.

"Let's just get back home, okay?"

She nods and lets out a beautiful laugh, I wheel her dangerously down the hall so that her laughter fills the air.

Rosie was everything I could have ever wanted, I can't loose her.

I can't.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

(A:N) I have this idea that Eric is a secret romantic, so that's that.