➴ three.

• ROSEMARY •

I walked around the tattoo shop with the mindset of getting some work done.

The glass plates displayed various of beautiful and interesting designs, each one being unique. I let my fingers skim against each one, as if I was letting them speak to me.

"Rosemary?" I jump at the soft voice.

"Tris, you scared me," I laughed as she bowed her head in embarrassment.

"Sorry," she whispered.

We stayed in silence as she picked out a design of her own, occasionally asking for my opinion and me telling her to go with her guts. I was never a tattoo person, in fact I did not even have one on my body. In Amity we were taught that our bodies we best in our natural state and in Dauntless I learned they were our own personal canvass.

Then it caught my eye; a bird with spread wings, consisting more of flowers instead of feathers.

"It's beautiful," Tris tells me as I pick up the slate.

I gave her a thanking nod before my eyes traveled to the slate in her hands,"Three birds?"

She nodded slowly, "One representing each member of my family."

"What does your mean to you?"

"The bird it... represents the freedom in Dauntless and the flowers represent the part of Amity that remains in me."

Her curious eyes go wide, and I know exactly why. She was wondering what faction I was from and I guarantee she didn't expect me to say Amity, no body did.

"Lets go get these done," I usher her towards Tori and I go to Jack.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

The tattoo was done within minutes and after showing the outcome to each other, Tris and I went out separate ways. I saw her talking to Four about her tattoo, he touching her collarbone where it was placed. The two were weird around each other, I liked it.

"Eric!" I finally spotted the man.

"Rosie," he greets me with a kiss on my forehead.

I cut straight to the point,"I got a tattoo on my back. Go ahead look at it."

I turn around for him to see, him chuckling at my excitement. His cold fingers traced around the outskirts of my fresh ink, I couldn't see his face and it worried me.

"What do you think?" I asked, but he doesn't answer.

"Eric," I whined.

He took his hand away from the tattoo and than used it to turn me around, a smile accompanied his face.

"It's beautiful...just like you," he whispered to me before pecking my lips.

"Ahem," we both turn to see Four standing in front of us.

"I'm sorry to interrupt...this but Max needs you," he gestures towards Eric.