➴ six.

ROSEMARY •

The time spent in Eric's apartment was becoming unbearable.

He was worried about my injury and safety while I was worried about dying of boredom. I wasn't allowed out of his sight, he was even taking time off training to stay with me. When he did go to work, Four would come to inform me on all of the happening. This included the initiates process, particularly Tris's, and about Eric's frequent meeting with Erudite.

"And you still can't figure out why he's going over there?" Four shakes his head.

I had invited him over after Eric left for another meeting.

I sigh, knowing how secretive Eric could be when he wanted. "What about Rain, is she faction-less?"

Eric refused to tell me about the Amity girl.

"Not faction-less," I let out a breath of relief. "Not yet anyways."

"What? But I thought she was doing fine in training?"

Four laughed and shook his head, "You really are oblivious aren't you?"

"Elaborate."

"Eric's in charge of the rankings. He could put someone below that red line, even if they're the best."

"So you're saying he only kept her because..." My voice trails off as I figure out what Four was meaning.

"To keep you happy, but still feed his sadistic heart."

I kicked Four lightly, "Don't talk about him like that."

Four stood up from his seat and walked his way to the exiting door. "What will it take for you to see Eric isn't the person you think he is?"

I stare at him confusingly as he exits the apartment, knowing that he and Eric didn't have an good relationship, but also knowing that those words didn't come from jealousy.

I know Eric, he wouldn't hurt me.

He won't hurt me.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

I snuck out of the apartment out of curiosity.

Eric had returned from the meeting and was getting food from the cafeteria for the two of us- that was thirty minutes ago.

No, I did not think he was cheating on me.

I didn't really know what I thought he was doing, but he was taking forever and this gave me an excuse to finally leave this confined area.

As I walked around the pit I looked carefully for Eric's body, which was easy to spot amongst the crowd. He was talking to...Four? The two were deep into conversation and occasionally Eric would point towards nothing, as if he was referring to another person. Four shakes his head at Eric's word and then looked around the Pit, making dead eye contact with me.

He quickly looked away, probably knowing I did not want to be caught by Eric, but Eric's eyes were too quick to look at me too.

I tried to wobble away, but of course my injured leg was no match to Eric's long strides. He caught up with me in a matter of seconds, "What are you doing down here?"

"What were you and Four chatting about? Seems serious." I attempt to change the topic, but of course it doesn't work.

"You need to rest."

I groan loudly, "Eric I've been resting for days. I'm tired of being confined in that apartment."

"You need more rest," he begins to try and pick me up but I prevent him from doing so.

"You're not telling me something."

I could see in his eyes that there was more to his reason of not wanting me down here. "Why don't you want me to leave the apartment?"

"Because you need to rest, now come here-"

"Eric," I say sternly. He stops trying to pick me up and looks at me, I raise an eyebrow telling him to spill whatever was bothering him.

"I don't want you getting hurt anymore." He admits quietly.

I place my hand onto his cheek, "Eric I'm not afraid of her. She's not going to hurt me."

"But what if someone else does?"

"Like who?"

"Me." I'm shocked by this, Eric wouldn't hurt me. I'm sure of that.

"Eric," I say quietly, "You're not going to hurt me."

"I know, I just-" He stops to think for a second.

"I just want you to know I love you."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶