Here goes nothing~ Chapter 7

Down in the underworld. Hades sat on his throne. He was nervous. It was his responsibility to keep track of the dead and make sure everyone was in their place. Most of his company in the underworld had considered him fair. He wasn't as cruel as others had made him out to be. But if he couldn't do his job, Zeus and the other Olympians might consider his fairness weak and decide to replace him.

How could he have not noticed so many spirits gone for so long?

_________________________________________________________

Nico was happy that Rose was finally allowing herself to help them. He could still tell that she didn't trust them fully but this was a step in the right direction. Nico didn't know her well but her protectiveness reminded him of Bianca. Bianca has always made protecting Nico her first priority...until she left. Nico wanted Rose to ease back and learn to trust people more. He knew he was bad at that. He hated seeing someone else with a similar issue.

Rose led the group down a few halls until they reached the staircases. Nico felt queasy just looking at them. Each staircase was moving and there were hundreds of students travelling on them.

"Ro," Albus started. "Where are we going?"

"The common room." She answered casually.

"Well we can't exactly go with you." Scorpius said gesturing towards himself and the demigods. "We're not Gryffindors."

Rose pondered for a second.

"Then Al and I will go. Stay here and we'll meet you." Then she whisked Albus up the stair cases and into the flood of people. The boys looked at Scorpius for an answer as to where they were going and why. He shrugged in response.

"I stopped asking why Rose does things a long time ago."

"Why do you want to help us?" Nico asked. Scorpius seemed a little taken aback from that. "I mean, why do you care? Aren't you mad at us for wanting to take your ghosts away?"

Scorpius looked down for a second before looking back up at the three.

"You seem like good people." He answered simply. "I know a thing or two about bad reputations and prejudgments. If the ghosts aren't supposed to be here, we want to make sure the right thing is done."

Nico nodded and looked at Jason and Percy. They both seemed satisfied with this answer and surprised at the maturity of the young boy.

It didn't take long before Albus and Rose returned with a spirit close behind. The ghost was dressed in very old attire and had curly hair. His joyful expression faded the moment he saw the three demigods. He quickly glided down towards them and kneeled at Nico's feet.

"My prince." He said respectfully. Percy snickered at this. Nico glared at him before responding. He had been called that plenty times before in the underworld. He wasn't exactly surprised.

"Please," Nico said. "Rise. And you don't need to call me that."

The ghost picked himself up timidly and looked at Nico.

"Who are you?" Nico asked.

"I am Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington." He then detached his head and bowed before putting it back. Percy and Jason both yelped in surprise. Nico didn't flinch, having seen worse.

"We want to ask you a few questions if that's alright?" Nico asked politely. Nick nodded and the group went to talk in an empty classroom.

It didn't take long for Nico to get what he was looking for. He asked Nick questions about how he died and how he became a ghost. He, just like the fat friar, had feared death enough to become a ghost. Now he knew why the ghosts escaped death, but now he had to figure out why they were scared and if they deserved punishment or not.