Don't ask~Chapter 9

"This solution will provide the most fair outcomes." Professor McGonagall had been tasked with informing the school of the trial that was to take place to decide the fate of the ghosts.

The students looked up at her in a sad and stunned silence. The ghosts present were floating in the back of the hall, each with grave expressions on their faces.

"Any questions you have can be directed to your head of house." She looked down sadly before stepping away from the podium.

"I can't believe this happening." Rose muttered. Albus turned to her and saw her fiddling with her hands. 

"Me neither," he replied. Then he put a hand on her arm in an attempt to comfort her. "It's only fair though."

Rose looked back up to where Nico was standing. He was talking to McGonagall with a sad and apologetic look on his face. She put a comforting hand on his shoulder and said something more before Nico left her side and went down the hall and out the doors. 

"They may be nice," Rose spoke coldly, watching Nico leave the hall. "But I wish they had never come here."

Albus didn't respond. He knew that it was only a matter of time before something happened to the ghosts. One of the only things in the world with true justice is death. Everything lives and dies. Except these ghosts. It's only fair...

___________________________________________________________________

Nico wasn't exactly excited to be back in the underworld. Sure he was a generally dark person and as the son of Hades, it was sort of like a home to him. Then again, he had a stepmom who didn't particularly like him there and he was finally settling in at camp. So, taking a group of ghosts and his two friends back to the land of the dead wasn't his idea of a fun field trip.

"Now remember," Nico addressed the line of ghosts behind him, waiting to go through the doors to meet the judges who would decide where they spend all of eternity. "The judges will know if you're lying so don't even try. If you did something bad in your life, confess and tell them why they should forgive you."

Nico looked at each of their scared and pale faces. He felt a pang of guilt hit him. He hoped the judges would give them the outcomes they deserved. For some reason he felt as though the judges might be biased against them escaping death for so long. 

"Good luck." Nico told them, trying to sound confident. He opened up the door for the first ghost and told the others that they would be called in next.

With a lot of time to kill, he went over to Jason and Percy who were waiting in the back.

"Where do we go now?" Percy asked. He and Jason looked much more serious down here. It didn't surprise him though. The underworld could do that to you. 

"I need to see my father." He told them and started walking away before he could see their responses. They followed after him.

"Why?" Percy said as he caught up. " You did everything he asked you to do. What else does he need?"

"I don't know but he told me to see him after I deliver the ghosts to the judges."

"Should we go with you?" Jason asked, slowing himself and Percy down. Nico turned around to talk to them. 

" You can go with me to meet him if you want, but I'm pretty sure he wants to talk to me alone." 

"Well then we'll just wait here. " Jason said, stretching and sitting down on the cold, hard ground. It was obviously not very comfortable but he tried his best to pretend. 

"And do what?" Percy asked him. 

"I don't know," Jason responded, looking around. "Truth or dare? Underworld addition?"