{3}

{3-That One Kid}

Hermione's dormitory was far nicer than the one she had had when she was at Hogwarts the first time. In fact, she was surprised by its niceness, for she was sure Dumbledore would have made the tiny room sub-par, seeing how he trusted her on strict terms.

She would not complain, however, about having her own shower and bathroom.

Her first class, as though fate truly was tempting her, was with Professor DeLancey who taught Arithmancy. She was horrified, really, to take a class with the first person she'd lied to while being in that time, and the fact that she anticipated him being a great bore. It was weird to be in a classroom that she associated with another Professor in whole, and Hermione sat herself in the back, much against her normal motivations.

When the class had filled in, all four houses in the classroom because of how few took it, he locked eyes with her and smiled. Now, she wasn't entirely sure what happened to change his demeanor in a matter of twelve hours, but it was of no matter to her if he treated her like a quality student in the upcoming months.

"Welcome to seventh-year Arithmancy, my few who have stayed. I look forward to teaching you this year, and I hope since you have chosen this high-level class, you are excited for this class as well."

Hermione could see Lily and Remus in one of the front few rows, their heads attentive and focused. As she scanned around the rest of the room, she also found Professor Snape... well, just Snape she supposed, as his shiny black hair was an obvious tell. He was sitting alone, however, just in front of Hermione to the right.

The class started off pretty easy, and she felt rather good about the first lesson. Hermione didn't doubt the ease of the upcoming year, but handling it with certain people around her... now that was what was going to prove to be a challenge. Though, at least DeLancey had proven himself not to be a complete snooze, for Hermione found he had a sudden spirit to him.

Her next class was Potions, and she wondered if she would mean as much to Slughorn now as she would in her future school years. Then again, if he had taken a shine to her in this time, certainly being a Granger in the future would have sparked some recognition in the old man when he picked her for the Slug Club. It must be how she merely sticks to herself in the upcoming term like she was determined to do.

He welcomed in students, and because Hermione was avoiding her, Lily arrived before her, and she intimately greeted Slughorn, a happy wave and smile, and the man burst at the seems with joy.

When he greeted her, however, his smile was unsure.

"You're the new student, yes? A Floral Granger?" Hermione grimaced at Slughorn's butchering of her name. It was especially gruesome knowing that she was a boy to the common eye.

"No, Sir, it's Florizel," she corrected, accepting the handshake he'd offered.

"Very well," he said, brushing her away, obviously not worried over her success in the class or seeing if she had any previous knowledge of potions to suddenly be taking a N.E.W.T. level course.

Hermione sat down in the back again, and watched as she was joined by again, all the houses, but this time the room lacked Remus Lupin, yet still held Lily and Snape.

She had to keep herself low, and just stay to herself, Hermione reminded her curiosity as it wanted very much to get to know both people. Hermione's hero complex, which she was very much giving all the credit to Harry for her having, wanted to save them both. To keep Snape from even dipping into the dark side, and to keep Lily from... well, death.

However badly Hermione wanted to do this, she knew interference was impossible, and so she steeled her emotions and waited for class to start.

Slughorn seemed to get right down to business, telling them what potion they were going to make, and then declaring they were to take partners! That they chose themselves!