{13}

{13-Sirius Can Do His Own Damn Arithmancy Problem}

Hermione was terribly enthralled by the lesson, though she wished her seat was in a different place. Remus was a few rows in front of her, and she was seated with Mary who seemed just as entranced. The class really was pretty interesting, but having Remus next to her would have been nice.

Sometimes she wondered if she was getting too attached. Say, if when it came down to her erasing people's memories, she wouldn't be able to do it. Then again, if she could replace her parents' memory then certainly there was no problem in the future. Hermione would be fine, at least that was what she kept telling herself. The anxiety of the whole situation was challenging her.

With a quick glance to Remus, her boyfriend for the time being, Hermione looked back up at DeLancey and re-focused.

When the class was over, attempting to get over her disappointment, she seemed to overly get her wish when DeLancey called her out yet again. Remus passed her a look that said he was sorry but left with Lily anyways, seeing as he hadn't been called out.

"I figured you out."

Hermione at this point had had so many secrets spreading over the past few months she wasn't sure which of them he was referring to. If he'd learned any at all.

"I'm sorry Sir, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that."

"I've been very curious as to what is up with you, and, well, I wasn't entirely sure until a few days ago. I did some research, and your family doesn't exist. Anywhere... bar the muggle world. There are no magical Grangers... not from what any Ministry has said. However, there are several muggle Grangers of whom I am aware thanks to some friends in the Parliament. Of course, I figured you'd just made up a name, and why wouldn't you? Pick a muggle one and say you're home-schooled, why wouldn't that make sense? It should have, but when your sister grabbed my roster for the year, she looked terrified, as though she knew people here. This sounds mundane, why wouldn't it? But your knowledge is too extensive for home-schooling, and I checked with Beauxbatons, no girl by the name your sister gave me existed there."

He paused, looking very pleased with himself, having put-together all these things.

Hermione was terrified, as she should be, and her heart was somewhere in the dungeons, for it certainly wasn't in her chest.

"And..." Hermione stopped, having to breathe in again, "And what does all that mean?"

"You're from the future."

She could have fainted on the spot. What would he do, report her to the Ministry? Would she have to obvliate him too and leave? She hated to carry out such a thing on her friends let a lone a professor who had been so good to her this semester. Still, she couldn't let herself hurt time, it just couldn't happen. But, how would everything go down, if he didn't remember her? She'd have to drop the class, tell McGonagall she wasn't interested anymore or something... equally as ridiculous.

"Sir," she started slowly, reaching for her wand."

"Wait," he said, holding his hands up. Hermione was merely startled enough that he wasn't attempting to expel her for what she was about to do because she had a good ides that he knew, "I know what you're thinking, and now that you've confirmed my theory, I need you to know that I want to help you."

Feeling weak, Hermione stumbled back a bit to which DeLancey seemed very concerned. He rushed around his desk and stuck out his hand to attempt to help her. The fact that that wasn't the only help he was offering was what had her in this state.

"Sit," he commanded when she took his hand, settling her down in a desk and going back to his own, sitting behind it with a worried look, "Do you want help to get back to where you belong? I don't know how you got here, but waiting however many amount of years is probably distressing for you."