1950's - 3

"You're going to the diner with Josephine?" Her father reiterated her question, looking at her straight in the eyes

Grace tried to relax and even believe in her own lie so that her performance could be more believable. "Yes sir," she nodded. "We have much to catch up on since I've moved," she continued.

Her dad looked over at her mother and her mother simply shrugged as if saying, "it's your choice, but I️ believe her." Her Dad then looked up at her. "Well okay," he agreed, making her squeal on the inside. "But be careful, and come back before the street lights come on missy," he said sternly.

"Of course! Thank you big daddy," she hugged and kissed his cheek before going into her room to get ready for her date with Danny. She tried to look as cute yet as inconspicuous as possible. For this though, she decided to let her hair down for once.

Ever since she was young, Grace was blessed with "good hair". Her hair was naturally long with a deep curl pattern that loosen every time she took a hot comb to the head. And although she could care less about it, her hair was her mother's pride and joy. Grace desperately wants to cut it, or even model it more after Dorothy Dandridge, but her mother has literally threatened her with murder for even thinking about hacking it off. Grace usually kept her hair in a long ponytail, and she was usually the hair envy of other girls at school.

She didn't put her hair down unless it was a special occasion like church, Christmas or Easter. And she knew her parents would question it as soon as they saw her. So she quickly straightened it out, before tossing it in it's usually pony. She changed into a long skirt maroon skirt with a white blouse and looked at herself in the mirror. She huffed and started taking everything off. The situation called for a dress. She ruffled through her closet till she found the perfect dress.

Once she changed, she grabbed her purse and into the kitchen. "I'm splitting," she tells them, and they both waved her off bye.

"I'm just hanging out with Eddie and Gerald like always," Danny rolled his eyes as his parents asked questions like crazy

"I'm just hanging out with Eddie and Gerald like always," Danny rolled his eyes as his parents asked questions like crazy. "We're just heading over to the diner to grab a bite," he shrugged. "So can I️ borrow the chariot?" He asked.