1970's - 7

"Nathan Daniel Carter, you are being charged for the murder of Ricardo Madeira in the second degree. How do you plea?" The judge asked.

Nate looked around the courtroom, and locked eyes with Jessica once more before facing the judge and saying, "Guilty, your honor."

* * * *
Earlier...

A pounding on the door woke the two up from their slumber, startling them. Jessica quickly pulled her underwear back on, throwing one of Nate's button ups on while he quickly rushed to put some pants on.

"Give us a minute!" He called out, hopping on one leg as he pulled his pants up. But the pounding on the door again made them both stop what they were doing and look at each other. Regular housekeeping wouldn't knock like that. So who was at the door?

Jessica got up and went towards the door instead, looking through the peephole. She jumped back and let out a surprise shriek, making Nate look up. "What's wrong?!" He asked, concerned.

"It's-"

The lock on the door broke as someone forcefully kicked it in, letting themselves in. "Room service!" Rico cheerfully calls out.

Both Jess and Nate fearfully took a couple steps back, Nate shoving her behind him. "How did you find me?" Nate asked.

Rico simply smirked at him. "I gave your little friend Andy a visit," he says. "It's amazing what a little bit of...pressure, does." He then looks over at his guy behind him and nodded his head towards them. Rico rushed forward and tackled Nate to the ground. But Nate was giving him hell, struggling and fighting against him. The other goon simply grabbed Jessica, tightly wrapping his arm around her midsection, preventing her from moving or helping like she wanted to.

Jessica screamed, making the guy slap a hand against her face, muffling her screams. Both guys got it on, fighting each other with such brute violence. Rico smashes his fist into Nate a couple of times before Nate fights back by kicking him off of him. By doing that, the gun that was on him flew off, and both guys stopped moving and looked over to where the gun fell, a couple feet away from them. They both looked at each other, breathing hard, and then Rico decided to dive after it, causing Nate to slam into him and away from the gun.

He reached for it himself, but felt himself getting dragged by his legs, away from the gun. Rico jumped on top of him, successfully grabbing it. But not before Nate gets his hand on it to. Both guys roll around, wrestling for control as Jessica watched in horror from the corner of the room.

Rico finally gains the upper hand and pins Nate to the ground with his knee on his chest, both hands still fighting for control over the weapon. "You think after everything you've done to me, I'm just gonna let you live?" He seethes.

"I've never done anything to you," Nate growls back.

"You're wrong!" Rico barks. "You made a complete fool out of me. And now, I'm gonna make your life a living hell!"

Pop! Pop!

Nate closed his eyes as Jessica screams in the background. Slowly, he opens his eyes and looks up to see Rico lying on top of him, lifeless.

Oh no...

The room goes completely silent. Nate slowly gets up and looks over to Jessica, still being held hostage. Nate points the gun at him now, blood spattered on his face, hands and torso now. "Let her go, now," he demanded. The guy simply lets her go and points his hands up, taking a step back before running out the door scared shitless.

Jessica slowly walks over to Nate, her hands up now, non-threateningly. "Nate...put the gun down."

"I️...I️ shot him. I️ killed him, didn't I️?" He sounded hysterical, waving the gun around. "Holy shit!" He freaked.